Obama is a homebrewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he's on HBT? If so, think he ever started a "Is my beer ruined?" thread? Think he uses a swamp cooler in the oval office? Maybe his handle is Obrewma.

If all else fails in America, at least the beer is still flowing.

Is that political?

Nah.

With only light and dark varieties, How do you appeal to the independent constituency?

Give a guy a break - with the weight of being the leader of the free world on his shoulders, do you expect him to come up with specialty brews?

Light and dark reminds me of non-craft beer drinkers description of beers." Is it dark? I dont like dark beers"

And yeah light colored beers can be massive ipa's. Not shure where im going with this. Know what im sayin? I think I like the past homebrewing presidents more, plus I am related to George Washington(homebrewer),because of his mom? I think? Mary Ball. Which on my mothers side my grandmothers grandmother was related to her. As honest as the cherry tree.

I think their house "light" beer is some sort of honey blonde (the white house also has an apiary). Don't recall the others.

Is it that shocking that a writer for a national newspaper knows some basics about beers?

To give you perspective, in 2011 Apple has 10% market share of computers. "Craft Beer" has 13% of beer sales. Not too shabby.

It's not like we are all that elite (exempting USA hops nerds).

20 years ago some president added a bowling alley to the white house.. same deal here, but a lot cooler.

Give a guy a break - with the weight of being the leader of the free world on his shoulders, do you expect him to come up with specialty brews?

Oh come on, he could do a BaRauchbier. :D

Also, as cool as it would be to hang out around a kettle of boiling wort sipping homebrew with the president, I find myself thinking he might have just a bit too busy of a schedule to be doing the brewing himself.

Oh come on, he could do a BaRauchbier. :D

Also, as cool as it would be to hang out around a kettle of boiling wort sipping homebrew with the president, I find myself thinking he might have just a bit too busy of a schedule to be doing the brewing himself.

I think you give them too much credit.

I honestly dont think he knows a smoke beer exists,and yeah Im being a ah judgemental I think is the word,but Im pretty damn shure. I dont know strangers though,really.

8 lbs capital hill LME
1 lb secret service crystal
.5 lb wheat the hell are we doing in Iraq
4 oz white house honey
pinch of powdered currency at the end of boil for fining.

1 oz warrior @ 60 minutes
1 oz tomohawk @ 20 minutes
2 oz arab oil @ flame out

The recipe used to call for Liberty, but that seems to be in short supply.

LMFAO!:cross:

I read about it at his superbowl party. Where is the clone? AG? PM? Extract?

I wish I had a kitchen staff to brew my beer for me. Just as long as they don't try to drink it while my back is turned.

8 lbs capital hill LME
1 lb secret service crystal
.5 lb wheat the hell are we doing in Iraq
4 oz white house honey
pinch of powdered currency at the end of boil for fining.

1 oz warrior @ 60 minutes
1 oz tomohawk @ 20 minutes
2 oz arab oil @ flame out

The recipe used to call for Liberty, but that seems to be in short supply.

You might want to rinse off that "secret service crystal" before mashing. Just sayin'.

I worked in the White House for two years -- about half under President Bush and half under President Obama in a non-political capacity (I was on the staff of the NSC). Politics aside, the President is a REALLY nice guy.

My favorite encounter with him:

About a week after President Obama was inaugurated, I was on duty in the White House Situation Room. The director of the CIA called in and said he needed to speak with the President. No problem (the director of the CIA is on the very, very short list of people who can speak with POTUS whenever he wants). The President was over in the residence, having dinner with his family and some friends. Mind you, the first week that the President is in office, he is NEVER at the White House -- he's always traveling around, meeting someone, somewhere. He probably hadn't spend more than, literally, about a day and a half in his new home.

So the steward gets the President and puts him on the phone with me. I explain the situation, and tell him that the call should happen on a secure phone. The President paused for a minute and said, "OK, where do I find one of those? Do I need to come to you?" No, I said, and told him a room in the residence that had a secure phone. He paused for another minute and said, "Uh, OK. I have no idea how to get there."

And I ended up giving the President directions in his own house to get to...his bedroom. He just started laughing at himself.

Not the funniest story you'll read on here, but it was great to see the very human side of this larger-than-life figure.

I had my fingers crossed that there wouldn't be more than 5 threads created about this. :cross:

He needs to come down here and give our gubment a kick in the pants to make homebrewing legal in AL. It's pretty crappy to have to take your beers to comps out of state or even have the risk of a teetotaler neighbor narc on you. The bill is up for vote soon, but these old blue laws have to go! Yes, there are local/state comps, but I'd rather have notoriety where it's truly legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back