"Kramer" Commits Career Suicide

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow - I was expecting to see soemthing and question the context, but that's just insane.

Me, too. Kramer's off the frickin' deep end. Hard to imagine how his press people will try and spin this.

The cynic in me wonders if this is a ploy to get himself back in the press, he'll go into rehab for a couple of weeks, and come back "a changed man" to all the cameras. Or, he's just a bad-**** insane racist m*therf*cker who'll never work again....

The AOL settings default to like a dial-up bandwidth assumption, change that and there are subtitles. Friggin' AOL.

Anyway, that was no joke. He dropped the mike and walked off the stage. That's just crazy.

The only thing that struck me as odd is that the article mentions that the camera started rolling just as he began his tirade. Maybe whoever it was knew he was about to get pissed and grabbed their cell phone......

That's a bad one. You don't drop the N-bomb and get away with it, especially when you invoke violence from the past. He gone.

That is just sad. What a d-bag. What did he think was going to happen? When I first saw the headline yesterday I thought it was someone from Kramer vs. Kramer, not THE Kramer so I never clicked on it.

:mad: What a loser. What's also disturbing is the members of the audience who continued to laugh throughout his tirade. I heard some "boo"s, but I also heard a lot of laughter.

desiderata said:
:mad: What a loser. What's also disturbing is the members of the audience who continued to laugh throughout his tirade. I heard some "boo"s, but I also heard a lot of laughter.

The video is split between 2 scenes and the 1 big roar of laughter heard is from, what I think, is a joke that got cut off so all you heard was the laughter. Not that I'm defending him but I doubt people are laughing THAT much when he's tossing around slurs like that. The guy got lucky no one shot him!

The way it was presented in the news, you figure he made a couple of off-color jokes or something. Man he completely lost it. It was uncomfortable to watch, as it was like witnessing somebody lose it and snap and lash out. There was no joke or anything funny in that.

I truly wonder now if he was on some kind of drug, because that is just not normal behavior.

Seemed really pathetic on Letterman. He's lucky Jerry hooked it up. However you don't just randomly say things without merit. He thinks less of black people, it came out, now he's acting like he's super sorry when in reality he's sorry his career is ruined.

Another Hollywood chump.

He can apologize and say anything he wants but what he said was racist and mean. He can hide under the comedian umbrella and claim he was only joking but it was clear that he was saying what he felt at the time. I hope is career is over.

TxBrew said:
Seemed really pathetic on Letterman. He's lucky Jerry hooked it up. However you don't just randomly say things without merit. He thinks less of black people, it came out, now he's acting like he's super sorry when in reality he's sorry his career is ruined.

Another Hollywood chump.

That apology came out for one reason only: Seinfeld and Larry David must have torn him a new one about pulling this stunt right before the Season 7 DVD was released.

The way I look at it is this: it's one thing to drop an n-bomb accidentally if you're worked up. Not acceptable, but forgiveable, just like dropping an f-bomb in front of your mom. But he went KKK. You don't pull out that kind of filth accidentally. The hatred he spouted reflects an embarassment of the causcasian race: intolerance to the point of violence. He embarassed white people everywhere by bringing this biggotry back up.

The lynching days are a part of history that I (as a white man) find offensive and embarassing. They shaped views about our kind that have been hard to over come.

So I think that the hate is in him, but Jerry must have really laid into him about the financial repercussions. You could tell that Jerry would have wiped his hands clean of Kramer had all the DVDs already been released.

Come to think of it, didn't his career basically end when Seinfeld ended? I mean he had that failure of a sitcom and I think a movie, but basically nothing. I guess now he won't even get much action on the comedy club circuit.

Baron von BeeGee said:
Come to think of it, didn't his career basically end when Seinfeld ended? I mean he had that failure of a sitcom and I think a movie, but basically nothing. I guess now he won't even get much action on the comedy club circuit.

But he's got a big future in clan convention appearances!

I said it before, but I've never been one to shy away from redundancy and repeating myself...

Part of me really suspects that this was intentional, to get himself back in the news. He'll check into rehab, clean up, and re-emerge with his tail between his legs and a new three-picture movie deal.

SWMBO thinks he may have dropped the N* bomb unintentionally at the onset, then felt that he had to run with it in an Andy Kaufman-esque way, to play it off like he was a racist character (but not himself a racist). He had to take it to the absolute extreme so that he could play it off as a joke later, but that he failed. I'm not buying it.

Back