Yeer returded- should of spelled it rite

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What really gets my goat is when someone uses that slang word "pf" where the rest of the world uses the word "of". Kinda like..."what...you think your so good you can go using those fancy replacement werds that the rest of us dont no how to use???"

;););)

he might be from Pflugerville. :D

Now you've done it. Are we going to have to review the correct usage of their, they're, and there on your ass?

Nope. I was druck posting from work.

j/k. I think this thread is making me question everything I type, and I answered the question wrong in the use of their.

As long as we're posting our grammar pet peeves, allow me to bring up the surprising fact that "then" and "than" are completely different words. :)

No, but now your beer will make you crave Pringles and Funyuns. Be prepared.

While I've never had much of a problem reading poor grammer this "druck" word I never got... Anybodt got the origin or is it a common word in the US?

Only common to HBT. One night someone (can't remember who) posted in drunken ramblings and had a typo calling it druck instead of drunk. The word kind of stuck since we liked it. The original poster took lots of crap about it.

Only common to HBT. One night someone (can't remember who) posted in drunken ramblings and had a typo calling it druck instead of drunk. The word kind of stuck since we liked it. The original poster took lots of crap about it.

I can't find the original thread.

1) I think its funny that this thread as gotten so much attention.
2) When did it get switched to "returded"?
3) To the guy who was calling me out on how I spelled "your" in the thread title, um, ya, kind of a joke

Sorry, I just have to say.
I be a product of the public school system.
Three R's? Racing, rowdy, renegade? Oh no retarded ramblings revisited!
Of course having a few beers sure does not help.

Sorry, I just have to say.
I be a product of the public school system.
Three R's? Racing, rowdy, renegade? Oh no retarded ramblings revisited!
Of course having a few beers sure does not help.
There's a joke about the 3 R's...only 1 of them actually begins with the letter "R"...so much for our education system...;):D

Back