What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothin'! Taking a break while I get temp control on line for the summer, and just because I have a ton of beer built up. But it's so hard to resist brewing more!

Made a strong bitter (based on common room ESB recipe found here) on Saturday. Forgot to add the Irish Moss so I was kind of bummed about that. Everything came out really well otherwise.
I've been thinking about trying gelatin for a while now so maybe this would be a good time to start.

6 gallons (2 3 gallon kits) of Lounge Blackberry Lime Daiquiri.

For those of you unfamiliar with them the Lounge kits create wine based beverages that simulate popular cocktails. I've never had this particular kit before but last year I made up a batch of Lemon Lime Margarita and everyone who tried it enjoyed it.

5 Gallons of amber ale cold crashing in the mini-fridge,
5 Gallons of an american wheat and 5 gallons of a vienna/EKG smash in the fermenting chamber.

Go ahead, Trash me all you want to. Kick my sick old carcass over the grinder till you're so tired you just can't stand up. But with my last breath, I'll still say this thread sux without PIX. So, here's what's in my fermeners with pix.

jugs-62868.jpg

It shows the jugs with their attendant top croppers in the first 8 hours after pitching. The brew is a Belgian Golden Strong. Neither have received the final glucose addition with the remainder of the original reboild wort.

I've got a Simcoe IPA going through the first round of dry hopping.

I just brewed a Braggot this past weekend, which had an almost explosive initial fermentation. So glad I put a blow off tube on it - that would have been messy. I've got high hopes for this Braggot. My first brew ever (20-something years ago) was a Braggot, and I haven't brewed one since then, until this past weekend.

Ready to drink, I've got 7 750ml bottles of dry mead left (Metheglin), about 20 750ml bottles of sweet mead (Oaked/Maple), and 4 12oz bottles of Jalapeno Imperial IPA.

After my first double batch brew day, 10 gallons of pIPA (first brewed for an annual March 14th Pi(e) Party and evolved from a Dogfish Head 60 Minute clone) and 5 gallons of a Mackeson's Milk Stout clone.

I have 9.5 gallons of a brown ale, soon to be 1/2 coffee something or other. 4.25 gallons of vanilla porter, 9.5 gallons of blackberry wheat. 1/2 is regular ale yeast and blackberry extract that will be added at bottling and the other is a wild yeast that literally took 4 days to start because evidently it doesn't do sub 70F temps. The yeast isn't really mass produced yet so I didn't know of the temp. Finally, I have 1.5 gallons of an imperial white ale.

I have Haus Pale Ale (slightly tweaked so as to use ingredients I had on hand) and a Bell's Two Hearted Ale.

Their in bottling buckets so not much to see.

Go ahead, Trash me all you want to. Kick my sick old carcass over the grinder till you're so tired you just can't stand up. But with my last breath, I'll still say this thread sux without PIX. So, here's what's in my fermeners with pix.

I agree
I've got a barleywine back left, double wheat front left, Witbier front and center, New Zealand IPA on the right
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398974215.047506.jpg

After moving over the last couple weeks (and just now getting my internet set up at my new apartment), I have only ~5 gallons of sour stout that I moved in the carboy. Bottled my last 3 batches at the last minute last weekend at the old place before cleaning the apartment and giving back the keys. May get a couple more batches going in mid-May, but will probably wait until June.

5 gal german style pils bout 4 more weeks of lagering

"If you've made something that doesn't offend anybody, you've made Budweiser"
-Augie Carton-

5.5 gallons of hops (Magnum, Simcoe, Columbus, Citra and Mosaic)... i think there is some wort and yeast in there too... but i'm not sure.

A pair of 1-gallon Vienna-Simcoe SMaSH experiments (with different yeasts) that were clearly contaminated when I bottled the other two gallons a couple days ago. Gonna see what happens if I let them ride.

My bottle-harvested Westmalle yeast is in the second stage of its "is it fermenting at all?" starter buildup. I was dumb and tossed a single pellet of Nugget in the first 100mL starter wort just so I could smell it in the 10 minute simmer, now I'm not sure if the small amount of trub is just hops and break material, or if I'm getting a bit of yeast action in there as well... If it works, I should have a half-grain batch of "The Pious" running in a week or so; if not, I'm torn between caramel amber and another attempt at tea beer.

Well,my Irish red's been in the fermenter a week today,got my ESB brewed up for National Home Brewer's day yesterday. It's bubbling merrily this morning. Good to have both fermenters full again after so many months! :ban:

An Oktoberfest-style ale, which is chugging along with 1007 German Ale yeast at a nice cool 61 degrees. Homebrewers don't have to wait until September for Oktoberfest beers.

Black IPA, a recipe from northern brewers.

Up this Thursday is 8 gals of a Hop Stoopid clone that was up around here a few days ago. Trying to get 6 more brews in before the 4th of July, I really want to get some brews in the pipeline.

Have a good Sunday!

Since the red ale should be done first,I'd like to follow suite & get a saison going next. I had a spiced one from Heavy Seas that was really good. I'm thinking of using spicy German hops to sort of duplicate that flavor on the back.
* Just ordered the Petite Saison de'ete kit from NB with the French 3711 yeast. My Irish red should be bottled in time to brew again on the 18th when the fermenter opens up. Time to re-fill the pipeline...

Latest posts

Back