Kegging a Hefeweizen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justabrewin

Reaction score
I have searched this all throughout HBT and Google and I am getting varying reports. So, I am hoping someone will settle this for me.

I am about to keg a Hefeweizen (my first kegged beer :D). I want to go the slow carbonation method and I would like to know what psi to set it at and at what temperature.

From the varying reports, someone said to set at 17 psi at 33F, yet my LHBS says 12 psi at 33F.

What do I do?

Thanks in advance! :mug:

There seems to be a lot of different opinions on this. John Palmer says 3 to 4 volumes while BJCP says 2.5 to 2.9 for it.

If you are going for competition stay within those guidelines. Otherwise i would just carb at 12 for a week and see how you like it, if it needs more bring it up 2 or 3 psi and keep bringing it up until you hit the right carb level.

17 to 18 psi does seem to be the general consensus from homebrewers around here however.

Okay, thanks for the quick reply and help! I think I will try 17psi at 33F for a week.

Back