What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NIZZLE said:
Now if Michigan would just sell them gift sets :-(

My local liquor is loaded with gift sets, just saw a ommegang one today. This is the first year that I have seen wine gift sets, beer and liquor have been around forever. They don't have them in Michigan?

My local liquor is loaded with gift sets, just saw a ommegang one today. This is the first year that I have seen wine gift sets, beer and liquor have been around forever. They don't have them in Michigan?

I can't fooooooking find them anywhere :-(

Hot apple pie over ice

ForumRunner_20131103_180931.jpg

In spite of a careful pour, I have a lot of head to deal with. :eek:
Rayon Vert by Green Flash. Not sure what I think yet. Has a weird taste to me.

image-2499283778.jpg

It was amazing! They gave me a bit of cheek which so very moist

Such a good beer!

Also such a good beer! Stock up, wont be around much longer!

Having a chasing freshies while watching the italian job :D

View attachment 158050
I thought about the cheeks as i looked as the picture but also the skin, pork is the only skin i'll indulge in when it's crispy:D
Merry monks, haven't had any in quite a bit, not as good as I remember, I think I need to put some away for a year or so.

Attachments

• DSCF0146.jpg
    DSCF0146.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 95
Thumbs down to Green Flash Rayon Vert.
If not for the bottle, I'd call it a total wasted purchase.

But I at least finished my work for the day. :D

I know it's early, but I think this Back East Porter might be my night cap. Having to get up for what I thought was a work day ****ed me up even with the extra hour of sleep. Guess that will teach me not to drink in excess of 10 beers on a work night regardless of what time work starts.

My first taste of Kombucha. It's not bad at all. Cost $3 for 13.5oz and I'm considering brewing my own now.

ForumRunner_20131103_212633.jpg

On the fence on the vert
Once I finally got it in the glass it seemed too warm and flavor was good but ridiculous trying to pour it

I like the stuff to but have a hard time justifying the cost, tried starting a culture from a bottle with no luck, one of these days i need to acquire a mother and make my own.

Damn, I bought a 2nd bottle of "plain" Kombucha that has a culture in it and I was going to try and brew a batch using it. What the hell, maybe I'll still try and see how it goes.

Working on a bottle of Wreck Alley. It's the first imperial stout I've ever tasted, so I have nothing to compare it to. But I could get used to the stuff.... I may have to buy another bottle tomorrow, and research it further. :)

Another new HB I recently bottled, Trippel Diamond Abbey Ale. The appearance is good, the nose funky with some hints of apricot, and the taste is nice if a little too alcoholic. Given that it is extremely young, I expect it will mellow with time.

trippeldiamond1-cropped.jpg

Damn, I bought a 2nd bottle of "plain" Kombucha that has a culture in it and I was going to try and brew a batch using it. What the hell, maybe I'll still try and see how it goes.

Please don't let me dissuade you, I used a different brand and have heard of success culturing from commercial products.
Best of luck and i your successful we'll have to meet up to trade off.

Please don't let me dissuade you, I used a different brand and have heard of success culturing from commercial products.
Best of luck and i your successful we'll have to meet up to trade off.

Hell yes. I'm in Northern NJ but travel to Lacey and Toms River quite often.

My first homebrew ever is still in primary and since its kind of chilly tonight I'm drinking some hot apple cider with bourbon added. I got the cider from a local orchard cider mill, and wow, puts store bought apple juice to shame. I added an orange zest a cinnamon stick and some clove in it. This would be a great drink to have if you're sick.

Good to know. Here's what I have. Hard to see in the pic but, there's a scoby in there. It isn't round though. It looks like it's been broken in a few pieces.

ForumRunner_20131103_232632.jpg

MrNickVT said:
Draft is better :)

Don't thinkni will get a chance to try it on tap until I finally make it up north I don't think they distribute any where close to pa lol my inlaw brought me back two bottles a while ago forgot about it in the fridge till today lol

Good to know. Here's what I have. Hard to see in the pic but, there's a scoby in there. It isn't round though. It looks like it's been broken in a few pieces.

Ive heard its hard to do with GTs. Search threads here and look at kombuchakamp.com

Back