Keg purchase surprise

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimf15e

Reaction score
I recently placed an order with Northern Brewer for, among many other things, a used ball lock keg. My order arrived yesterday and to my pleasant surprise instead of receiving the usual beat up, dented, scratched, broken-rubber-handle keg, I received a nearly brand new Italian soda-style strap handle keg. It's in great condition, maybe it was bought and returned. I haven't pressurized or filled it yet, but it certainly looks a lot better than my other kegs! Not a bad surprise for the price of a used one!

Good deal! I haven't done much research lately, but it seems used ball lock kegs are starting to get hard to find. I briefly looked at their website and didn't see any used 5-gallon kegs available to purchase. Maybe they deleted after your order because they are out of stock and that's why they sent you a new one. I don't know, but whatever it is, they did you right!! :mug:

That's what I was thinking - they fulfilled the order even though they're all out of used ball locks. Great way to do business though!

Good deal! I haven't done much research lately, but it seems used ball lock kegs are starting to get hard to find. I briefly looked at their website and didn't see any used 5-gallon kegs available to purchase. Maybe they deleted after your order because they are out of stock and that's why they sent you a new one. I don't know, but whatever it is, they did you right!! :mug:

Love these urban myths: Yes, there not making them in the USA but still easy to find near me McEver Distributing about $35 + shipping:D

Love these urban myths: Yes, there not making them in the USA but still easy to find near me McEver Distributing about $35 + shipping:D

I don't get it...why is it an "urban myth" that people have a hard time finding used kegs that aren't located near you? Confused..:drunk:

That's what I was thinking - they fulfilled the order even though they're all out of used ball locks. Great way to do business though!

Did that keg come with any information that suggests that the posts are not to be removed? I've read a couple of posts on the forums here that made that claim. Just wondering...

Cheers!

Heck, i'm in california and i've bought from McEver's, most recently in July. Shipping added $8 to each keg. Of course we bought a snot-load of them to bring the shipping down per unit...

Did that keg come with any information that suggests that the posts are not to be removed? I've read a couple of posts on the forums here that made that claim. Just wondering...

Cheers!

I didn't see anything to that effect, but that would suck. Cleaning/sanitizing would be more difficult.

Latest posts

Back