eBrewSupply - Electric Brewing Hardware Opening Soon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will you have din rail terminal blocks?

Yes, the were lost on the way from China apparently. I have a rush order coming in 2-3 weeks. I have the ends, dividers, and every other part, just not the terminal blocks themselves.

Really great idea for a store, trying to source parts was a big headache when I did my build last year. To top it off, I had a couple switches that are flaky and needed one additional contact block but didn't want to pay the astronomical shipping charges from a particular supplier in texas that seems to be about the only other place to get them.

Can I get a coupon as well? Thanks!

What brand (manufacture) parts are you using? They look like ABB copies but I cannot really make it out.

Anyway, if you throw a rock in the air in Houston you can't help but hit a electrical distributor. I new one walks through my door every week. I can point you at a few if you would like to offer premium components on your site along side the economy parts. If anything they can get you out of a bind when you get low on something, like terminal blocks. Unfortunately, their prices can sometimes be out of reach of a typical home brewer.

What brand (manufacture) parts are you using? They look like ABB copies but I cannot really make it out.

Anyway, if you throw a rock in the air in Houston you can't help but hit a electrical distributor. I new one walks through my door every week. I can point you at a few if you would like to offer premium components on your site along side the economy parts. If anything they can get you out of a bind when you get low on something, like terminal blocks. Unfortunately, their prices can sometimes be out of reach of a typical home brewer.

I may hit you up on that. I also have a coworker who's dad works in a shop here in Houston. I do want to bring a few domestic options in at some point.

For those asking, the brand on my products is Winston. They are a Chinese manufacturer like so many. The most commonly sold brand on eBay is APT. I can state based on what I received from APT via eBay, that my decision to begin switching out all the APT was a good one, the Winston is a better product.

Coupon request :)

Looking at parts for automated system, can't wait till everything is in stock!

Only at post #88 so I assume we're still under 100.

Coupon please...

BTW, something you may want to considering adding to the site are the 22mm buzzers. Seem crazy expensive domestically; I bought a pair off eBay from China for significantly less (with a 4-6 week wait of course).

Only at post #88 so I assume we're still under 100.

Coupon please...

BTW, something you may want to considering adding to the site are the 22mm buzzers. Seem crazy expensive domestically; I bought a pair off eBay from China for significantly less (with a 4-6 week wait of course).

Another item I forgot in my initial bulk order. I have a handful of the ones that I ordered in bulk from eBay that I'll put up shortly, they won't be a great price, but they also will be in the US, and not coming from China.

Final count on coupons to come.

Can you stock lighted switches? Would be nice to get them all in one over the separte switch and LED.

Sorry all I am trouble shooting the payment bug in the software. The site may be coming and going for a little bit this evening.
Down side to open source = no help when you need it.
I have been trying to identify the problem for 4 days now. I may just have to switch software tonight.

No problem ... I know your frustration ... Take your time i was just getting nervous that I couldn't use my coupon and the site was gone looking forward to ordering a cabinet enclosure and some switches and led lights but I'm cool with waiting I saw you were out of stock on the switches ... I would also be interested in an alarm

Question, If I want to power only one element at a time, but use a switch to choose between them, do I need two SSRs?

Run the SSR before your 3-way switch you could, but you will still have 2 hot elements because your second pole will always be hot. I use 2 SSRs and 2 contactors after the SSRs like Tiber_Brew in my setup.

Run the SSR before your 3-way switch you could, but you will still have 2 hot elements because your second pole will always be hot. I use 2 SSRs and 2 contactors after the SSRs like Tiber_Brew in my setup.

They'd still have one hot leg, but I have a switch that turns the whole thing off when I want to. The element isn't "hot" with only one leg on, and won't complete a circuit that way.

Either way wouldn't the 3 way switch have to be able to handle that much power? The switches i see don't seem to be able to.

http://www.ebrewsupply.com/3-Way-Switch--NO/NO-Contacts

I've been following this for a few days now. Looks real good. Can't wait to see when you get new stuff.

Since I know I'll be building my set-up over the summer, may I please have a coupon. I think those switches and lights will look pretty in a box.

Thanks.

They'd still have one hot leg, but I have a switch that turns the whole thing off when I want to. The element isn't "hot" with only one leg on, and won't complete a circuit that way.

Either way wouldn't the 3 way switch have to be able to handle that much power? The switches i see don't seem to be able to.

http://www.ebrewsupply.com/3-Way-Switch--NO/NO-Contacts

Correct. The switches that I have are all 10a rated. The vast majority of these style switches will be 10a. That's where contactors are a good addition, they are designed for the high amperage, and your switch only has to carry a low amperage current to power the coil.

My last bit of fun in my control box was kind enough to remind me, just because the switch is off, doesn't mean the the circuit is dead. My fingers were tingling for a few moments after meeting the one leg of a 220v that was still hot.

Cool, thank you for the reply. So I either use a two contactors and an SSR, or just use the switch in between the PID and 2 SSRs. The cost of those two options looks pretty comparable. Thank you :)

So after several days of getting nowhere with my open source shopping cart, I switched it out for a different one last night. I'm sorry for those who had already setup accounts and wishlists, I tried my best to avoid this, but if the developer doesn't care to fix a bug in his code, then I don't feel the need to use it. I've switched the software out, and it is up and running (PayPal and all). All the product should be up by the end of the day today. The 5 leds I was able to get up last night were posted at 2am.
Coupon codes probably won't be good to go until tomorrow, as I will have to add them. I will also add more than the original 100 planned.
Thank you all for your patience.

Can't remember exactly, but I think this one does look more professional. I'm planning to buy some new switches and LED pilots, so looking forward to your site getting all setup.

Getting ready to start a build. Would appreciate a coupon if still available.

Coupon codes are up, product is up, Electric Brewing Supply is online. I'm still tweaking a few things and the design and layout but all otherwise, it is up. I have generated another 50 coupons as well. I will start distributing these shortly.
Thanks for the patience.

Can't remember exactly, but I think this one does look more professional. I'm planning to buy some new switches and LED pilots, so looking forward to your site getting all setup.

I agree, I like the new design (definitely like the admin side more), but at the moment it is just the Magento default look. I'll get into the code later and modify the style sheets some more. Already found the mobile template, so smartphone users welcome.

Very nice site. I would also appreciate a coupon if there are any available.

Wow, I just created an account and took a look at your site. From what you have up there so far it makes going electric look like a ton of fun and not nearly as expensive as I may have first thought.

I would like one of the new coupons please.

Can I get a coupon please. Also for your push button switches, do you offer different colors?

Latest posts

Back