Victory Hopdevil or Harpoon Leviathan IPA?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which beer should I get

• Victory Hop Devil

• Harpoon Leviathon IPA

• You know you them both, go ahead, blow the grocery budget for the month

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zymurgrafi

Reaction score
Trying to take the kids to the childern's science museum today. Which coincidentally is near a nice beer store... ;)

I know they have both of these. I'll probably end up getting both :D

but just in case I find some other have to haves which would you pick?

They are about the same price, like $11 but, Victory is 6 pack and The harpoon is a 4 pack (but it is an DIPA @ 10%ABV)

Any opinions?

edit, crap, f'd the poll. oh well.

okay, well, not very encouraging results for either. What can I say. A good beer store here ain't all that great. It is pretty slim pickin's up here. Guess it will be hop devil unless I hear other wise in the next few minutes...

I've only had the HopDevil so should not vote. I've always loved it and did a HD as my first clone recipe which turned out very good.

Well, I went with the Harpoon Leviathan. Last minute, i grabbed the hop devil then switched. Very nice!

I also got a liter of Pozharnik Russian Imperial Stout from Pennichuck, and a bottle of carbonated worcestershire sauce

2 out of 3 ain't bad. Well, I haven't tried the RIS but it has good reviews.

Very nice? That was all I could say? :drunk: Must have been the Worcestershire beer.

Let me try that again. I definitely made the right choice! I really enjoyed the Harpoon IIPA! It reminded me of something... Stone Ruination, perhaps my favorite IIPA. So, I did a side by side comparison today. Stone is still tops with me, but this one holds its own! Really, really brilliant beer! I look forward to more beers in the Harpoon Leviathan series, this was an excellent beginning!

Check it out if you can!

Back