2nd New Jersey all grain seminar in the works

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bobby_M said:
Speaking of toys.

just saw your gallery, If you have an m coupe and a k1200s, then I suggest you photocopy my ID

I'm sorry dude, I don't want to bug you, but if that has an s54 in it, I might have to beg you to take me for a spin...I've been looking for a good deal on an s54 m coupe for years now and I've never even been in one.

<huge m fan

Bobby, if you got the room, i'd like to get another look at the procedure before I do my first batch, I should have all the equipment assembled by early April.

Wow. That's a lot of people.

Bobby, do you mind if I bring my equipment and ingredients to brew up an AG?

I want to check first because it sounds like there are going to be a ton of people at this thing.

I'm still hoping that I could brew at my brother-in-laws in the near future, but that really depends if they can deal with me right now.

Later,
Mike

njnear76 said:
Wow. That's a lot of people.

Bobby, do you mind if I bring my equipment and ingredients to brew up an AG?

I want to check first because it sounds like there are going to be a ton of people at this thing.

Mike

Mike, I think Bobby said he wants to only have his setup running. I was gonna run mine, but I wouldn't mind getting to relax and watch...

Soulive said:
Mike, I think Bobby said he wants to only have his setup running. I was gonna run mine, but I wouldn't mind getting to relax and watch...
Oh Ok. Sorry about that. Bobby, you can ignore that last post.

Mike

njnear76 said:
Oh Ok. Sorry about that. Bobby, you can ignore that last post.

Mike

If Middletown NY is not to far away you can bring it up here and brew. I will be at Bobby's and it will be my first look at AG, even though I bought the equipment off ebay.

Yeah, the reason I only want to run a single batch is due to the number of people coming. I don't mind having a seperate brew day were the current local all grainers just brew. I'm looking at 4/6 as more of a mentorship/seminar type thing.

janzik...is that the same 'Wildfire Red" recipe that Brewers Apprentice has? How does it taste? I just started a batch last weekend. thanks

Me and my girlfriend would love to come up and learn something if there is still room. We have been brewing since November, but have never done an AG batch. It would be nice to shed some light on the process, plus it would be cool to actually meet some people from this board!

Soulive said:
I'm hoping to make it still. I look forward to seeing you all again and meeting the newer guys...:tank:

I think I will show up around the time of the boil. We'll see what the wife has planned.

Everyone planning to come please do me a favor and PM me with your full name, address and phone number (and the same for anyone joining you who doesn't participate here). I was only going to ask this of non supporters but I don't really know anyone all that well and this might be a very large turnout.

If I get the feeling that we have too many coming, I may have to limit participation to only premium supporters and Whalesclub members. Maybe not.

On a totally unrelated note, while I can't get everyone a share of brew to take home, I thought of a way to make it interesting (batch raffle). For all those who might want a share, bring a carboy along. Put your name on a $5 bill, shuffle in a hat and draw a name. Winner takes home 5 gallons. The proceeds pay for all 10 gallons of ingredients of which I keep half. Just an idea, I'm flexible.

The plan right now is either a pale ale similar to Ed's Haus with some Centennial and Amarillo or an English Pale with Fuggle/EKG.

archjjg said:
janzik...is that the same 'Wildfire Red" recipe that Brewers Apprentice has? How does it taste? I just started a batch last weekend. thanks

Wildfire Red is BA's best seller. This is my first crack at it, my father and a few others have done it and it has come out pretty good. Mine was in the secondary for about 6 weeks (I was busy) and it's been in the bottle for about 3 weeks. Not bad so far, but I'll probably let it sit for another week or so..

Ok guys, 4/6/08 Allgrain is still on.
So far I got the contact info; name/address/phone number (which I'm considering the official RSVP) from:

Janzik
Joejazz
cd2448
Jfish63 (+1)
Moonshae
CyclingCraig
Crossingnierika (+1)

Coffee will be provided for the 9am start. I'm looking for a volunteer to pick up a half dozen each of bagels and doughnuts. Please post here.

just 1/2 dozen of each dude? you have a good few heads coming and i for one loves me a nice bagel early doors. i'll skip the donuts, minds.

The bagel store here opens at 6am sunday so I can also bring bagels or cross the street and pick up dunkin donuts. I can do either one or both.

Janzik
Joejazz
cd2448
Jfish63 (+1)
Moonshae
CyclingCraig
Crossingnierika (+1)
BryanZ (+1)
Soulive
maybe sirsloop

It looks like 13 so yeah, how about CD2448 pick up a dozen bagels and Jfish grab a dozen donuts. The remaining folks will cover the lunch pizza. Sounds like it's coming together. Now if I can just finally decide on the recipe.....

Can't wait to meet everyone and see the All Grain process in person before I try it myself with my next batch

See you in the morning:D

Thanks for hosting a great event, Bobby. It was definitely worth watching the process in action. I'm ready to go, as soon as I can buy the equipment!

Bobby,

Thank you for opening your brewery to us. You conducted a great AG class. I am much more confident in doing my first 10gal AG next Saturday. What a great way to spend a birthday.

Many cheers
Jerry

It was a great day for sure but I hope I didn't come off as some kind of know it all ******. I think back and realize I was doing a LOT of talking.

To recap the all grain process...
Make oatmeal.
Strain oatmeal.
Boil the result.

BIG BIG thanks Bobby:mug:

It was great for me to see the process and ask questions. I thought it was a great success! Took a lot of the unknow out of it and also just being able to ask questions and get answers to my exising brewing questions was a great help.

You are a true Gentlemen Bobby for opening you home to us and giving up a day to help some Newbies.

Now the big question for me is should my first all grain be an Irish Red or a Porter? :)

-Craig

Bobby, thanks again, great day, very informative. It was suprising how fast the day went. Hope to do our first AG by end of month.

Latest posts

Back