KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid!) Sweet/Tart Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have bottled from keg... But you will want to keep the bottles fridges. Left a couple out over the holiday, and they really dried out. I mean WAY dry. I carbed low, so they didn't bomb. I back sweeten in the keg, so the yeast woke up to a holiday feast.

Anyway, you might want to pasteurize the bottle after. I suggest taking them into cold water up to temp, rather than shocking already carbed cider. Or cracking the cap slightly while bringing up to temp and then recrowning after. Even with the low CO2 level, I have had crowns dome in the water bath.

Speaking of "Kiss Cider", has anyone tried the real "kiss Cider"?
Its a cider from Lithuania. And although I don't like sweet stuff I must say this Cider was wild! Very prominent flavors of the fruit! The strawberry smelled and tasted like I was eating one!

A8BC6F73-2AC5-4089-ACF4-1F179A623724-426-00000067C2857FC3.jpg

Even the snozz berries tasted like snozz berries... Lol

I have bottled from keg... But you will want to keep the bottles fridges. Left a couple out over the holiday, and they really dried out. I mean WAY dry. I carbed low, so they didn't bomb. I back sweeten in the keg, so the yeast woke up to a holiday feast.

Anyway, you might want to pasteurize the bottle after. I suggest taking them into cold water up to temp, rather than shocking already carbed cider. Or cracking the cap slightly while bringing up to temp and then recrowning after. Even with the low CO2 level, I have had crowns dome in the water bath.

I actually wasn't even planning on bottling at all, just kegging the whole batch.

dr_al said:
Agreed. I prefer the dry or the ginger now that I have tried the 3.
There are 5 angry orchards....

I can't find that ginger batch around here :(
But that dry was not bad at all....
You want to try an AWESOME angry orchard.... Try the Strawman!
I here the iceman is good too but have not tried.

I think you should be fine without pasteurization as long as the keg temps are below 40F or so.

I tend toward lower ABV, and not over feeding yeasts... So pasteurizing bottled ciders are a necessity for me.

Wtf. Never heard of strawman or iceman are they seasonal?

Wtf. Never heard of strawman or iceman are they seasonal?

They are relatively new, and not available everywhere. I can not get them here in Upstate NY. I called Beers Of The World (they have everything), and they said it may be a month before they are able to get some.

Yup 5 but only 3 I can get my hands on. Ten a six pack except the dry its 8 over here.

I just tried to find it to have it shipped since they only distribute it to some states, of which AZ is not one. I found it on France44.com but it's 16.00 in shipping so I didn't order. My gf is from MN originally where they are based so I may have one of her friends ship it to me flat rate.

Any sign of 2.0 yet?

Edit: err, found in another thread you said 2.0 has been laid to rest, any thoughts on 3.0?

Latest posts

Back