Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UsR51lPufLdhVsC-uq4m4LoKpWwUf8PFblzkNtrk4v4h9Z0f0MNuPjYORdqHb9MVWydXvwaT_tW84lqNOxBekBdqqRc__Nw_pIIxL2-NEprgpSbEscwppS4C-4XQtRXAQWxAAd3dkaV_j2VhORRYqceGpMfkNshyRYWO7uoyHsVoQZmXgc3qb0xnJxZvD4yDyt9ogcrIzVP-nJkN1nZrp6Y0n14kviWhmWpJN1knEs675aK_0zLdQ7CEiUPQOalQXsiZu9r5kIq_bPUy56xzjX4VWNY02iGxOW4mC1unlo200PlKgCZRSS4KUdRGdg39ki-DjI_RkvxrabsP7v634OZ-_2QYPkVALCpXfXHtqGcv3RrkxOZaxTLlHbyyO05gARvWJxXSq5T5pcG6OMmX8_dC7NKEK1EtP_GCsouZ5PnUQWPIaw634yyXcNnudpfojn8Q0OfonWD_w23LAQJtk5EcXn6aHBjyaPz6t5ObiySUQvxO2VJfUJsggHSsGlMiU21IMnHiz1cTsMlbvhwumDYG2Nj1VaN12UVuANJ8_cHczKnvkxelWbnaM9ihhhUvaAqtidFD2EeOCw42PuEHWxYF-VuZumfrstMEnDPeYY4UESdbpXm-kfhCNbMwo6qkiqRwNirUQylw4bDow3eQbK9FxyUe3pxLidSuBjOnCc0hqPS4SFdNpv2xLjuvGd51sn9ACKJbFdfRR_xWfGR465HSyihKJrQgLoeKTHOVAL4i_tT2ag=s954-no

Made a similar label to last time, using the Avery style address labels... This time for a batch of Mangrove Jacks Juicy Session IPA. I thought I'd channel Juicy couture in the label design this time.

They're only for my benefit. After thee last time I used them, I've found they clean off really easily. I just fill the bottles with water from the hot tap, then stand them in a bowl of hot soapy water for 10ish minutes. They peel right off after that. If any glue is left over, a bit of Turpentine Substitute takes care of that, before another wash.

I’m not a graphic artist and I don’t claim to be, but I came up with a fun idea for a guava kettle sour I’m getting ready to brew. Tried turning a guava into a rocket ship lol. I sketched out the idea at work on a piece of paper, scanned it into Inkscape and went to work. Still obviously learning but I’m happy with the progress so far haha.

47336EE1-735D-44F0-9ED5-2D6C3CCA844A.jpeg

Just really getting started making labels and using Photoshop. I've had the program forever, never used it until about a week and a half ago. I made my first label (Irish Red) use photoshop, and lets just say I'm not posting it for a reason.....it was not good.

Here are my second and third brews:

Kolsch4.jpg

Revolutionary_Red.jpg

I wanted to get some sort of similarity between all the labels so figured this would be good to start. Like I said I just started with Photoshop, so still learning how to use things.

These are great. Where are you finding the images? Are you finding free art or do you subscribe? (As long as we are not retailing it doesn't matter - but I always like to find resources.)

We've brewed two more batches since I shared the Ice Shanty Ale label. I just print them on 3x4 removable Avery labels so we can reuse our bottles. Creating beer labels is a great outlet for my creative side, which rarely comes out to play these days as a holistic wellness practitioner. Because of time constraints the labels, the logo in particular, has been evolving as I have more time to play in Photoshop. Finally getting the brewery name logo as I want it. Sticking with our walleye fishing theme for each. We are bottling Elysian Space Dust soon...so far all I have in my head is a vision of a walleye with an astronaut helmet on...we shall see... Primarily I sketch my drawings on paper with colored pencils and pen, scan it in and play with it in Photoshop.
HookLineIPA copy.jpg

And our last brew from February was my recipe pick since I love the Breckenridge Vanilla Porter. I roasted pecans to add to the fermentation barrel, but the flavor needed to be more forward, IMO. Now that the IPA is getting bottled tomorrow, I plan to find a recipe clone of BB Vanilla Porter.

You can see how the walleye in the logo has evolved from the above label to the next. Now it is too green. One of these days I will have hours and hours to get it just right, but maybe not...LOL

ItsADate Stout Label 2-6-20.jpg

It's an old trick for making vinyl signs repositionable. Use dish soap, watered down a bit and lather it on the surface before applying the sticker/vinyl. When it dries, it gets into the adhesive making it less permanent, but sticky enough to remove and restick (and soaking re-soapys the soap) My labels are printed on a laser printer, so they'll be waterfast/the ink shouldn't run.

Next time I'll try that, and let you know how I get on.

That is the benefit of a laser printer. I have an inkjet unfortunately otherwise this is a good money saving tip. Removable labels are rather pricey.

These are fantastically beautiful! I really like the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th ones. The jelly one is incredible!

You are quite the artist! I could see the tree and meadow image hanging on my wall. Quite the soft and peaceful contrast to the bold and bright images of your other labels. All are fantastic, and I see you enjoy brewing sours. Interesting combos.

Back