Still bubbling alot after 6 days

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

verytan

Reaction score
Never had this happen before, still getting bubbles every second after 6 days.

Recipe is for an Alaskan Ale clone:

7 lbs Light ale extract
1 lb Pilsner
1 lb Munich
1 oz Mt. Hood hops
1 oz Sterling hops

White Labs German Ale Kolsch yeast

Carboy stored at 72f during day, 65f at night.

Is this good? Last batch of same was snoring soundly at this point.

Nope, started activity in about 8 hours. This is my 10th batch of beer and all have been pretty inactive in about 6 days. I usually leave in primary for 2 weeks and then bottle very good beer.

This one is just different and wondered if this could be a sign of something bad.

verytan said:
Nope, started activity in about 8 hours. This is my 10th batch of beer and all have been pretty inactive in about 6 days. I usually leave in primary for 2 weeks and then bottle very good beer.

This one is just different and wondered if this could be a sign of something bad.

It is not bad. just taking longer than normal. Relax and have a HB. btw, my beastII is still going after nearly six weeks! down to 1 per minute at last. moving to secondary this weekend hopefully. (it did have a starting og of 1.15 though :rockin:)

Let It rock on and be happy that you aren't one of the guys posting about your brew that quit after two days. For some reason and i have no fact back this up other than personal opinion so I don't want to cause an arguement, but I tend to like ales that have a longer fermentations. I think that the flavors are more well balanced and blended, and tend to have a more complete flavor profile (if that is posible).

Cheers

Thanks,

Never have made a bad batch yet, but this concerned me.

Damn, just drank the last of my Mirror Pond clone and had to open a store bought Full Sail Amber.

MMMMM, Mirror Pond & Full Sail!

Me think that you are out west toward the northern coast.

I used to live up there and miss the lovely beers that abounded from that region.

Cheers

Back