Spice, Herb, or Vegetable Beer Honey & Chamomile Wheat: What a way to end a long day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just brewed this today.
I did a 5gal. batch.
5lbs. - 2 row.
3.5lbs. - wheat malt
1oz. - Honey malt
1.5lbs. - Clove honey(flame out)
2oz. chamomile - (60min.)
1tsp. flour - (5min.)
1oz. Cascade 8.4IBU. - (35min.)
1pkg. - Ringwood.
Mashed 154º (60min.)
Mash out 168º
Cooled to 62º
Pitched yeast(aerated very well...ringwood)
Og. - 1.048.
Can't wait to see how this turns out!
Just in time for summer.

Brewing up a batch of this. Man o man that chamomile smells terrific.

upload_2019-4-14_10-5-30.png

Thanks for floating this thread back to the top. I'd forgotten about it. It's still on my need-to-brew list. Like I really need a nice summer quencher that's over 6.5% ;)

They sell cellophane bags of chamomile at the local Mexican grocery store. I found a bag in my pantry that's several years old. :oops: Guess I should spring for a fresh bag? Maybe chamomile keeps really well but I wouldn't wanna risk it and maybe ruin a whole batch of beer.

They sell cellophane bags of chamomile at the local Mexican grocery store. I found a bag in my pantry that's several years old. :oops: Guess I should spring for a fresh bag? Maybe chamomile keeps really well but I wouldn't wanna risk it and maybe ruin a whole batch of beer.

Make some hot tea with it. If it tastes good, use it.

I might consider putting the chamomile in at the end of the boil next time. I've been drinking this and, while it tastes great, the chamomile isn't as prominent as it should be given the quantity. I'll probably move it to 10 min from end of boil. Maybe 5.

This sounds like a tasty brew. I'm definitely going to get this going before the end of summer, maybe my next brew session. Of course the Brut IPA is my club beer for the month, and I do like to brew the monthly style. But maybe the next beer. :mug:

Latest posts

Back