Starting my new cider!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xunedeinx

Reaction score
Ok, just starter a one gallon started 2 days before i get my carboy in the mail, that way ill add it to the remaining 2 gallons and itll be nice and settled..

I settled on this recipe.

1lb of light brown sugar

3gals of Great Value Unsweetened apple juice from Walmart

71b-1122 Llavin yeast. Used the whole 5 gal packet for 3 gals. hope it dont effect anything.

Right now i have it in a clean one gallon container with a homemade airlock...
A 1/4 peice of tubing sealed into the one gallon container, and exits inside a freshley opened water bottle.

Im waitin for the bubbles, theres some CO2 in the tube, because the air level is below the water level in the bottle...but...I WANT BUBBLESSS!

heh.

Cant wait to get my carboy...I am SO excited..

Oh, i forgot to buy a plug for it. Anything i could use to ghetto rig it unil my #6.5 plug comes in the mail?

Mmm, it actually smells good!

I also made 1/2 gallon of grape while with my champaine yeast...

Smells yummy...

Thinking of buying another 3 gal carboy to make another batch of something else... Jus need to find room in the dorm room first...

Mmm..its transfered into the 3 gallon carboy which arrived in the mail!!!

Right now i got a ghetto airlock with some seran wrap, a rubberband, plastic tubing, and a water bottle...That is until my stopper comes in.

Cider smells good...

Also winded up adding in a pound of honey.

Smells heavenly

You're learning! Awesome job devising a makeshift blow-off tube for your fermenter. Don't worry about adding too much yeast - it's rather difficult to add enough yeast to adversely affect your brew. Good luck with this batch!

Back