Southwestern Ontario Brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidparise

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am relatively new to brewing and I am wondering if there's any guys in southwestern Ontario that are brewing too. I am in Windsor but if we could get a few people together from London and Windsor and everywhere in between it could make for some good technique/tips/tricks exchange.

Dave

Hey Guys

Im located in London and would be interested in finding other locals for brewing with, does anyone know any brew clubs in or around london?

There is a group of brewers called SoB ( southern Ontario Brewers ) that are an offshoot of the MoB ( Members of Barleyment ). PM That leetboy as he is one of the organizers of the group. George is a member here also. They and we ( MoB ) have members around London, Blenium (sp) area.

I'm in London as well, i brew all-grain almost every weekend, and i pick up my supplies from Adventures in Homebrewing over in Taylor, MI. A great place for supplies. I have all the equipment, mill, kettle, kegging gear etc, send me a message or email me at [email protected]

hey, from london here. would love info about homebrew supply places in the city, they are somewhat confusing and have very different inventories

Fred,

In London - in order of pricing (lowest to highest)

You've got Mashingheads.com (london delivery)

Brewhaven a brew on site place that will sell you some grain or limited amounts of hops (3 oz) & dry yeast. They are at Warncliffe & Commisioners.

Danny's Beer & Wine - Grain, dry yeast, lots of wine kits big $$$$

Hey guys - another homebrewer from Southwestern Ontario here. I'm in London - a lurker on the site for a while - I just brewed my first batch - jumped straight into all grain with a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone. Was a fun first day, but not without it's mistakes... that said, it's happily bubbling away.

Can't wait to get my second batch going!

From Cambridge here but back and forth to London almost every week.

I buy regularly from Brewhaven in the south end. They are knowledgeable and have a good supply of grains, hops and just about anything else you need. Their prices are right down the middle: not bargain but not outrageous either. I've been happy with them.

There is a group here called GRAB from the Grand River/KW/Cambridge/Guelph area but you're more than welcome to come along. Check us out.

Yeah - I bought my stuff from Brewhaven for the first round. As you've said - great to talk to, and decent pricing.

That said, I'm now wanting to do a Bells clone, either Two Hearted Ale or Oberon for a summer wheat beer, and the only lhbs that carries some of the ingredients for those seems to be Mashing Heads.

I've sent them a couple of emails, but no reply. Anyone dealt with them lately? Are they still around, or maybe the owner's just taking a couple days off?

Mashing Heads has been hit or miss for a few months. I need to get in touch with him for some grain - I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

I'm a brewer in Windsor too - or nearby in Belle River. I brew beer, and also some herbal beers without hops. I'm planning on sake when I get some time also :)

Are there any brewing supplies in Essex county?

Waterloo brewer here. Been brewing for just about a year now. I'm from niagara and theres a great homebrew shop in buffalo called niagara traditions which is where I pick up all my stuff. It's a shame there isn't something like it around here (mostly canned kits and super pricey grains/hops at best). Anyhow, I'd definitely come out for a brew day. Cheers

I am in Windsor - I just make a trip over to Adventures In Homebrewing in Allen Park, MI; just west of Detroit, about 30 seconds off of I-94 & Telegraph Rd. Prices, selection and expertise can't be beat in my experience.

brewing all grain here in windsor
would like to perhaps get a brewing club going in windsor

Sounds good to me never tried herbal beer sounds interesting. What size batches do you brew?

I'm in St Thomas, which is pretty much London as I'm there for work every day.

I started my first AG brew on the weekend, which I got the grains from brewhaven also. Seemed like a good store, the lady I dealt with was friendly and seemed knowledgeable. I've also purchased wine making stuff from Danny's wine and beer.

Are there any competitons local to here? I'd be interested in checking one out, but I don't want to have to go to Montreal...

Hey. I'm in Windsor as well, I have worked at a microbrewery and am an avid home brewer. Feel free to shout out at me!

Oh - but recently moved back from Vancouver - so all my supplies were left behind :(. I am currently rebuilding so I can run many test trials for concrete recipes... for who knows what ;). I brew only all grain, and I love talking beer and of course, consuming it. I'm pretty young but I knew I wanted to start my own brewery when I was 16 - bit ambitious I know, however, patience is a virtue haha

Hey I'm also from cambridge. I have 6, 5 gallon carboys sitting around and i'm looking to sell them it would be great if you could point me in the right direction or know of someone that will take them off my hands. My name is Dana and email is [email protected].

Old thread I know. Im from London Ont looking for someone to brew with. Have a baby on the way and space is limited. Have equipment and can buy our first batch of ingredients and split on the rest plus help on bottling day.

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

Have a look around on this board for people from London. A more likely and easily searched forum might be the Southern Ontario Brewers forum:

http://www.areyouansob.com/index.php

There would be several people on there from London. There may even be a London homebrew group but I'm not sure. I'm part of the SOBs but also help to organize things for the Grand River Area Brewers (GRAB).

Good luck.

Hey guys,
I'm just moving to Guelph next weekend and could use some assistance in finding a few places locally to buy grains and hops!

I work in Halton Hills so anywhere from guelph to Milton would be ideal for me.

Thanks,
Kyle

I'm from Milton. I feel as though I'm the only homebrewer around...

I know that feel. I grew up in milton. Glad to hear tho that at least one guy is homebrewing.

I'm from hamilton, but drive to guelph for work every day. We have our own club down this way, with a few guys from St kitts, stoney creek, burlington etc... We're called the HOZERs.

Since I'm in guelph quite a bit I wouldnt mind meeting up with some GRAB guys on occasion as well.

The SOBs are a decent rescource but mostly Toronto based. As is CABA

Brewing over here in Burlington! Has anyone else found it a challenge to find local or semi-local supply stores? The only place I've found with a good stock is Canadian Home Brew Supplies in Mississauga. I'm thinking of making the transition to kegging, but I am having a hell of a time finding suppliers with decent prices. My best option seems to be http://www.ontariobeerkegs.com/.

Does anyone else in the GTA/South-GTA area have any local retailers they would suggest?

Brewing over here in Burlington! Has anyone else found it a challenge to find local or semi-local supply stores? The only place I've found with a good stock is Canadian Home Brew Supplies in Mississauga. I'm thinking of making the transition to kegging, but I am having a hell of a time finding suppliers with decent prices. My best option seems to be http://www.ontariobeerkegs.com/.

Does anyone else in the GTA/South-GTA area have any local retailers they would suggest?

For most things, CHBS is the best bet. A little pricey but whatever - it's close, and the selection is good. When things get crazy there I check out hopdawgs.ca, as their prices for hops are usually fairly reasonable and they have really fast shipping.

Patrick at ontariobeerkegs is the best for that kegging stuff, by far.

What you really need to do is join the Southern Ontario Homebrewers and get in on the group buys and local promotions - www.areyouansob.com

There's a grain buy coming up in October I think.

For most things, CHBS is the best bet. A little pricey but whatever - it's close, and the selection is good. When things get crazy there I check out hopdawgs.ca, as their prices for hops are usually fairly reasonable and they have really fast shipping.

Patrick at ontariobeerkegs is the best for that kegging stuff, by far.

What you really need to do is join the Southern Ontario Homebrewers and get in on the group buys and local promotions - www.areyouansob.com

There's a grain buy coming up in October I think.

Thanks for the tip! I will be sure to join.

Back