Electric Brewing on a PLC - Wiring Diagram

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the interface, very simple compared to others out there (BCS).

I've got no experience with PLC's. We run our fermentation hall with a PLC to turn glycol on and off, but I've got no idea how it really works. I know that it's a logic based controller.

You've got an amazingly detailed wiring diagram. Thanks for that. As a beginner with PLC's, how difficult would it be to assemble for an electric HERMS system? I'd imagine there is alot of programming and coding involved.

Currently working on a Brewtroller controller EHERMS.

In this above mentioned "Fermentation Hall" are the fermentors jacketed or do they have coils inside with direct contact to the liquid?

This is an awesome project. I love the idea of using plc to control the brewing process. It would be great to see a video of this in action.

Thanks so much for posting. I know this is an old thread, but I am now trying my own version of this setup. Is there someone I can contact for more information on the hardware and any updates on the design?

Back