Testing Kegged beer for carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zman

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I recall seeing something like a picnic tap, but with a shorter hose, to hook up to a ball lock keg to do a taste test of homebrew. Any one know what it is called and where I can get one? Would the standard picnic tap with 5' of tubing work also?

I have seen what you are talking about, but I believe it's for people who don't have a standard picnic tab and beer line.. Typically there are foam issues with a 5 ft long cobra tap. Some guys are using these (including me).
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/cure-your-short-hose-troubles-100151/

They work great, just drop one in your dip tube- no more foam!

The reason I want to test is because I have single draft tower and two kegs on gas and want to be able to sample the beer from the kegs. I am also going to get a few of mixer nozzles. Those look like a great idea!! Thanks!!

The reason I want to test is because I have single draft tower and two kegs on gas and want to be able to sample the beer from the kegs. I am also going to get a few of mixer nozzles. Those look like a great idea!! Thanks!!

Yeah, they work slick- It's pretty amazing.. And they fit perfectly (usually) into your dip tube.. There is some controversy as to if they are "food grade", but I don't think most of us are worried about it..

Back