Big Aluminum pots at Sam's - some of the best prices I can find!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkpq45

Reaction score
Sam's Club - Aluminum Stock Pot - Available in Various Sizes

Looks like the lids are about $5 extra. No idea who manufactures them or what the thickness is. I'm thinking mash tun, not boil kettle, but at these prices use them for whatever you want!

160qt - $129
140qt - $112
120qt - $99
100qt - $77
80qt - $65
60qt - $46 (cheaper than a legal keggle or the jail sentence when you get caught stealing kegs!)
50qt - $55
40qt - $33
32qt - $34

Seems to be a cheaper option than some cooler MTs, certainly the upright water-cooler style (though those are sweet, insulated, etc. they only go up to 40qt).

I'm thinkin' 60qt, unless someone points me in a new direction for less expensive pots.

Thanks!
jkpq45

Another option for a Mash Tun would be the Coleman Extreme coolers in the 52 or 70 quart size. The 70 quart ones can be found at Walmart for about $35.

Unless you plan on direct firing it somehow, an aluminum MLT is going to require some serious insulation to keep it at temperature.

These would make decent boil kettles.

Darn, I'm not a member, and you gotta be a member to take advantage of these prices - and since there are no Sam's Clubs within 100 miles of me, I don't see the point in paying for a membership just to get a discount on a pot.

I'm seriously in need of a 40+qt pot for a new boil kettle, and this price is absolutely fabulous. Darn.

Shipping for 3 of the 60qt guys was only $15 for me. That makes 3 of these about the same price as 1 satinless steel one.

I just looked and the photo is IDENTICAL to the one sold by Instawares for $64.

Aluminum Stock Pot - 60 Quart, Stock Pots, Cookware at Instawares

Here's their specs:

60 quart capacity
4.3 mm thick
Aluminum construction, mirror polish finish
NSF

I just noticed that these are over 3X as thick as the stainless Megapots assuming the 4.3mm is the wall thickness and not the bottom thickness.

I just got one of the 60qt for my birthday last month, I'm pretty happy with it. Looking forward to my first 10 gallon brew.

i have a family member who is a sam's club member. gotta get me one of these! I have a 6.5 gallon kettle that doesn't pass muster! i'm thinking the 60quart will be great should i go to 10gallon batches.

Hmmm, I need about a 10 gallon HLT. That 40 quart might just fill the bill, at a decent price.

Hmmm, I need about a 10 gallon HLT. That 40 quart might just fill the bill, at a decent price.

I think for the extra $13 the price on the 60qt can't be beat. The thing is made of aluminum--no chance it'll be too heavy.

I wouldn't be surprised if shipping was most of the $30 membership fee. Totally worth it, IMO. I have a membership and would be happy to meet someone in the Kansas City area, but shipping would be a real PITA.

If you wanna get fancy and spend alittle more, for a mash tun that isn't direct fired you could get a 60 and 80 qt one, then put the 60 inside the 80 and fill the gap with insulation...

I just scored a 60qt. I have been looking at 10 gallon SS lately. Wow, that's all I can say about this deal.

I was at Lowes earlier today and they have similar pots (Bayou) in stock right now. May be an option for some of you. Largest pot they had was 100qt I think

Check Walmart as well. I saw a 60 quart aluminum stock pot in my local Wally World tonight that was $32.00. They called it a "Seafood Steamer".

Thanks camiller; I am considering these but having an exact measurement will help in the decision making process as not all pots of are the same. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back