Dropped my secondary (full of beer), luckily a better bottle, but my question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheH2

Reaction score
is, is my beer bound to taste like cardboard (oxidized)? Is there anything I could do to prevent oxidation? The beer had about an inch to an inch and a half of foam on top. Could I pitch a champagne yeast to consume the oxygen? Should I keg this a little faster? It had four weeks in primary and just tranferred to secondary. I was going to leave it in secondary one to two months.

In case it matters, I brewed a Saison and had great attenuation 1.075 to 1.007.

I only lost about 2 bottles worth of beer. And thank God it wasn't a carboy and was able to continue my brew day after cleaning up the floors the ceiling, etc.

Thanks, and now it is time to relax, don't worry (I'm not in the hospital with tons of cuts on my body) and drink heavily at Oktoberfest. :drunk:

It should be fine. The foam is just co2 being forced out from the shock and the mouth of a better bottle isn't big enough to let much air in while co2 and beer are pushing out.

Thanks, feel much better now.

Makes sense that not much oxygen could get in. I wasn't thinking too clearly after that incident.

Back