Cheap place to take online courses?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DlALTONE

Reaction score
I see the American Brewers Guild charges about $9000. Is there anything I can do for cheaper. Also is there a good job outlook for those that finish online classes? I suppose it is a career were I would have to move to out of state when taking careers. Thanks

I am going to assume that you mean that you are interested in becoming a professional brew master or assistant. There are pro forums out there. go to them and read some of them. There are several schools were you can get a degree in several different states. From reading some of their stuff I don't think it is a well payed field of study. Most small business can't afford to pay high salaries or good benefits. Do your research before you pay to learn.

On the ABG website they have a list of graduates and where they work. Call a few of them up and ask some questions. Those would be the people to get good answers from. As a former employer I'd put little stock in an online program, but then again I've never owned a brewery.

Back