thirty plus 3 liter glass screw top wine growlers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chia

Reaction score
so my neighbor showed up at my door today with thirty some odd three liter glass wine bottles. they look like large growlers. is there any other practical application for these other than short term beer storage?

make apfelwein, mead, graaf, or other still fermented beverage and store it in them

I could 100% wrong on this but you could wax the top of the bottles and I think that would help make them air tight so you can use them just like regular bottles. Its more work, but a nice 3L bottle with a wax top would be a nice presentation and make a great way to gift your brew.

danielofthedale said:
I could 100% wrong on this but you could wax the top of the bottles and I think that would help make them air tight so you can use them just like regular bottles. Its more work, but a nice 3L bottle with a wax top would be a nice presentation and make a great way to gift your brew.

That would be great if the glass in wine bottles were thick enough to handle carbonating beer.... And sorry, it isn't. (remind me to tell you the story of the 4 cases of wine bottles taking up space in my beer cave the next time you can't sleep)

Still cider or something else that isn't carbonated would work nicely in those bottles.

Latest posts

Back