Carboy shaken after pitching

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spaceboi13

Reaction score
We brewed last night and pitch our yeast at about midnight. I woke this morning to my wife moving the carboy around, (she had to get something out of the pantry) which stirred it up a bit. Will this affect the yeast flavor, lag time, or fementation in general?

I never thought about it blowing off in the pantry, my wife would freak out. Good looking out, I probably should find a different place to ferment

Guys, need to move my plastic carboy. brewed beer last night. i am afraid that when moving the water in the airlock will drop into the carboy. do i take out the airlock, move the carboy and put the airlock back on? I am only moving to different location in house. thanks.

I typically either loosen the airlock or remove the internal floating doo-dad until I'm done moving it.

i like those s shaped airlocks better. they seldom pull liquid down into the carboy. the fruit flys also seem to have a harder time getting into them, than the little three piece float hoohas.

i did my first all grain a week ago long story short i forgot i pitched the yeast and started to shake carboy VIGORUSLY to impart oxegen! what an idiot! I was so paranoid but it started up within a day and was done in 4. Dont worry relax have a home brew! cheers

Back