Cheap Kegs ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aboo said:
According to that link the sale has already ended. :( That was a quick 10,000 kegs they went through! :)

I'm sure a good portion of those went to their two retail locations. The half hour I spent in the store on Saturday saw quite a few bundled kegs being sold.

This is how i found my cornies on craigslist - In my text searches i started looking for old soda machines with words like pepsi, coke, soda, pop, etc. Sometimes restaraunts and such have cornies for sale but they really dont know what they are or who might be interested in them. I found a guy selling an old soda fountain with the kegs and all the hooks ups. He even had a 20 lb CO2 bottle i got for a song. I got all of it for much less then what i would have spent with one of the online stores.

For the past several years keg connection has run a black Friday keg sale for $20-25 per keg. These are the lower condition models but still work very well.

Im guessing those are Pin-locks? Do you remember how much for Ball-lock?

Cheers :mug:

I'm working on a guy on craigls list that has 2 for sale... he also had a co2 tank but sold it already... hoping to get both for 40-50.

I just picked up a complete kegging kit with 3 kegs and a brass 3 tap tower from Beverage Factory, Great deal on the brass tower, and good pricing on the kegging kit, Now Im going to need some more ball lock kegs "cheap" as I already spent my extra money lol

Cheers :tank:

I have been looking for some cheap kegs myself and think I hit on a nice find. This site comes from the reccomendation of another HBT'er but I dont remember who, but thanks to them!

http://www.bvrgelements.com/product/5-Gallon-Keg-CUT-HANDLE-Ball-Lock-Used/

This kegs are $23 each and the only problem with them is a busted/cut handle and maybe a dent or two. I havent ordered any yet but plan to soon!

I have been looking for some cheap kegs myself and think I hit on a nice find. This site comes from the reccomendation of another HBT'er but I dont remember who, but thanks to them!

http://www.bvrgelements.com/product/5-Gallon-Keg-CUT-HANDLE-Ball-Lock-Used/

This kegs are $23 each and the only problem with them is a busted/cut handle and maybe a dent or two. I havent ordered any yet but plan to soon!

Better order quick, they run out of them pretty fast from what I have seen.

Cheers :mug:

Northern brewer is having a sale right now. You buy a 5 gallon keg kit and get an extra (used) 5 gallon keg for free.

If you aren't in a hurry CL can be a great place to find them. A while back I bought 3 ballocks for $90. The guy was in a town about 30 miles from my house so I drove over and picked them up. He was a homebrewer going pro and got rid of all his cornies. I got the last three.

I was at my LHBS picking some grain. I asked about the price for the used kegs. He said 75 bucks a piece. WTF!! 75 bucks!! Thank god I have a bunch. I think I paid 25 a few years back.

CL is frustrating at times, but I have picked up all 8 of mine there. 3 from a homebrewer scaling down due to youngens and the others just recently from another HBer scaling down. Weeks if not months apart, but as of today well worth the wait.

I pretty much ended up paying $25-$30 each.

CL for me. Got two corney for 50. Guy even delivered them. Now just need to use them!

Back