Keezer build vs tap lines.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

optimatored

Reaction score
I have been going back and forth...

1.) Build a nice housing for my keezer, wood, tile top... something nice.
2.) Put the keezer down in my basement and run lines up to my family room (yes wife is on board)...

The lines would have to be pretty long... lets say at least 15ft. So before I can decide, can anyone help to brainstorm any potential issues with option 2? I know keeping the lines cold is one, but how about pressure, and moving the beer about 15-20ft? How can I keep beer cold in the line and out the tap?

Any help is always appreciated!! Thanks.

I have done something very similar, my kegerator is in the basement directly below my taps, in a wall in my den. I relied greatly on the line chiller thread above. Remember to insulate every part of the lines that would be outside the kegerator or you will get condensation. As far as pressure, I have been able to get by with about 13 - 14 PSI without overcarbing so far, about 6 months, 3 different types of beer. I would strongly recommend the Tygon lines, they have very little resistance so yo don't have to boost CO2 pressure much to get your lift. I have a rise of about 8 feet. My pour is a bit slow but I have no foaming issues and it isn't unreasonably slow. I have been meaning to post some photos but just haven't had the time. Sweet Sounds thread was very helpful and the beer line (I think it was KAL ??) testing thread was also very helpful for choosing the line. Good Luck. Once you get it dialed in you will love it.

I have done something very similar, my kegerator is in the basement directly below my taps, in a wall in my den. I relied greatly on the line chiller thread above. Remember to insulate every part of the lines that would be outside the kegerator or you will get condensation. As far as pressure, I have been able to get by with about 13 - 14 PSI without overcarbing so far, about 6 months, 3 different types of beer. I would strongly recommend the Tygon lines, they have very little resistance so yo don't have to boost CO2 pressure much to get your lift. I have a rise of about 8 feet. My pour is a bit slow but I have no foaming issues and it isn't unreasonably slow. I have been meaning to post some photos but just haven't had the time. Sweet Sounds thread was very helpful and the beer line (I think it was KAL ??) testing thread was also very helpful for choosing the line. Good Luck. Once you get it dialed in you will love it.

Tygon. I will have to check that out. ThankS!

Back