After a few weeks in primary .....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohill1981

Reaction score
i was planning on transferring my primary to bottling bucket after about 3 weeks.... But i was not sure if i should bottle from the bottling bucket the same day or wait a little bit?

i was planning on transferring my primary to bottling bucket after about 3 weeks.... But i was not sure if i should bottle from the bottling bucket the same day or wait a little bit?

3 weeks should be adequate time for your beer to have fully fermented and cleaned itself up. You dont really want to use your bottling bucket as a secondary fermentor so bottle it that day. It wont hurt to wait another week depending on the beer. Did you take gravity readings?

man i wish i had .. I was so wrapped up in the moment getting it in the bucket quickly i forgot.. At least forgetting to check the OG does not effect the beer. I have a American Wheat kit coming in the mail next hoping to get it started as soon as possible!

man i wish i had .. I was so wrapped up in the moment getting it in the bucket quickly i forgot.. At least forgetting to check the OG does not effect the beer. I have a American Wheat kit coming in the mail next hoping to get it started as soon as possible!

As long as you give it enough time checking the gravity really doesn't matter if your process was ok. I'd say you're probably safe to bottle it now, but why not give it another week just in case. There are a lot of veteran members that primary for 4 weeks straight into bottles.

3 weeks is fine. Also, since your bottle conditioning, the yeast in the bottle will also work to clean up any undesirables in your beer.

Your last beer will be your best.

If you are worried about it being done just check the gravity then wait a day or two and check again. If it hasn't changed then its ready to bottle.

Back