Possible 2009 Maryland Homebrew Fest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you attend a Baltimore Homebrew Fest?

• Absolutely! Count me in!!!

• Very likely, pending availaibility

• Remote possibility, but probably not unless a miracle happens

• Nope!

Results are only viewable after voting.

jezter6

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking of organizing a homebrew fest in Maryland, possibly spring 2009. The idea would be to book a decent hotel banquet room with enough space to support up to maybe 200 people to walk around, swap homebrew, possibly have a small vendor in the corner to sell supplies/books/etc, and have a guest speaker at the end (probably a brewmaster of one of the many fine local Baltimore area breweries). A discounted hotel rate would be provided for people coming in from a distance.

However, the cost of this is huge, and would be a giant waste if only 10-20 people showed up. I'm just trying to see if it's worth even looking into at this point, or if this sounds like the greatest idea on earth.

I am not trying to make a GABF east coast. I'm just trying to see if if people would come and share homebrew and have fun for a day.

Let me add to this:

If you live in another country, or it's way too far to travel...I'd rather you not vote. I'd be looking to see only people who would be in the region normally that would or would not come. If it's blatently obvious you can't come because you live in Timbuktu, your 'no' vote is not as valuable as someone who lives 100 miles away.

Back