Simple cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renegade47

Reaction score
Have so far made 3 batches.
I use simply apple juice as it is all natural. 1 gallon carboys fits two bottles with ample head room for fermenting.
Recipe:
2 bottles simply apple juice
1 cup white sugar
1 packet of Lavlin 1118
It really gets going in a day or two and I let it ferment for about a month. I then back sweeten with frozen juice concentrate and bottle straight to 1 quart canning jars. Then straight into mini fridge fir a week or two. I check bottle every couple days to release pressure from carbing up. This stuff has the smell of alcohol but no taste of it at all. Don't have any measurements but hey it ferments and smells of alcohol so what the heck.
Did this same recipe with Simply Lemonade and it turned out just as good. Love this site for all the info.

It's been said before - and I'll say it again: Sometimes the simplest recipes yeild the best results. My next batch of cider will be a one gallon batch. I'm literally going to shake up the jug, pitch yeast, and leave the cap on loosely. I don't have to - I've got plenty of one gallon glass carboys and airlocks for a dozen batches - but I think sometimes it's more fun this way. Maybe you can make a real sophisticated batch with half apple & half lemon juice. :D hehe

Back