Good corny deal? or different kegs...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DustBow

Reaction score
I'm looking to get into kegging soon so I've been looking at a lot of pricing and trying to learn as much as possible.
The following link looks like a good deal to me - am I missing something? Why are they so much cheaper than his "regular" ball lock kegs?
Is it just because the tops are oval/racetrack?
They look like used "new style" kegs as opposed to the older soda kegs. Am I right on that? Any disadvantages to this style?

2 kegs for $43
http://www.kegglebrewing.com/2-Single-Plastic-Handle-5-Gallon-Ball-Lock-Kegs_p_71.html

thanks for any info

--DB

EDIT: I see they are on backorder so not sure if he normally has them in stock or not - could be one of those "permanent backorer" situations...

"race track" lids are NOT interchangeable with standard-issue ball or pin kegs.. at least that is what i've heard. never seen a "race track" up close, but they do look like a larger width:length as in greater size hole.

You can get better deals else where... $30/corny is the going price at midwest and other suppliers.

Latest posts

Back