Hello from Utah!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottyT

Reaction score
Hey everyone, happy to be here!

I have been wanting to get into brewing for the last couple of months and finally took the plunge. Last night I put my first ever batch (an amber ale) into my fermenter. I was very nervous and obsessing over every little thing -- maybe next time I need to drink a few during the process!

cool scotty, as Big Kahuna would say, "Don't be a beer pedaphile!"... Cheers

Welcome to another Utah brewer! Good to see more rebels here, I just noticed today the Senate sent the law to legalize us homebrewers to the special committee for review prior to voting... I hope we get legitimized soon! :)

Cheers, Prost and all that!

Welcome to another Utah brewer! Good to see more rebels here, I just noticed today the Senate sent the law to legalize us homebrewers to the special committee for review prior to voting... I hope we get legitimized soon! :)

Cheers, Prost and all that!

It will be interesting to see what happens with the new law. City Weekly had a hilarious "The Ocho" about it this week.

One of the items listed was:

PRO: Utah brewers will no longer be outlaws.
CON: Utah brewers will no longer be outlaws!

Good to be here!

but we're hoping a bill that just passed the house and is in the senate will legalize us hoodlums ;)

I've been using the beernut for a while, but had a slightly annoying experience there. I went to arts and I kinda dig the guy, he seems like he could be a bit grumpy, but once you talk to him, he's not, he's a real homebrew advocate. He sold me my kegging gear, and kept telling me. "if you want to buy it elsewhere, to save money, I'll still help you understand how to make it all work" . I think that his prices seem pretty reasonable though, so I'm very likely to stick w/ him. But I've not totally ruled out the Beer Nut.

I have been using The Beer Nut because it was the only one I knew of. I will have to swing by Art's to check him out. So far I have been VERY pleased with the service I have received at The Beer Nut. I even called them with a quick question a couple of times and they were as helpful over the phone as they were in person.

I have been using The Beer Nut because it was the only one I knew of. I will have to swing by Art's to check him out. So far I have been VERY pleased with the service I have received at The Beer Nut. I even called them with a quick question a couple of times and they were as helpful over the phone as they were in person.

You should check out Arts ART'S BREWING SUPPLIES

Like pompeiisneaks says he does seem a bit grumpy at first but the man has been in business twice as long as the nut and he knows twice as much. Especially if you are a beginner he will sit you down and teach you everything you need to know for free, the nut has classes from time to time but they charge you. His place is a hole in the wall and hard to find (near brewvies) but do not let that discourage you. Strike up a conversation with the guy and you will have learned more in 20 minutes then would hanging around the nut all day. Also ask him about his 3 step brew instruction course, it's worth it and except ingredients it's free, again this is something the nut doesn't offer and would charge you if they did. In my opinion Uinta brewing is the best local brewery (and has won the most awards) and their brewmaster goes to Arts and all of his employees learned how to brew from Art.

I'm not saying the nut is all bad, i will still go there for a few things from time to time but the bulk of my business goes to Arts. Jamie at the nut knows her stuff but the other guys working there have not been doing it long enough and have given me and my friends bad advice multiple times.

Welcome. I go to Art's and the nut. They both have their place. I bought my kegging system from Midwest though. Can't beat the price!

Back