TTB Brewer's Notice Question for the Pros

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankw

Reaction score
I know there are a few pro brewers here, so I thought I'd ask.

We're starting a brewery and we used the TTB's new Permits Online system to complete our application. We had our phone interview and received verbal approval from our TTB agent. The online system shows everything approved and we can see and download our Bond Form, Brewer's Notice and Approval Letter online.

The agent seemed to imply that they would be approving and sending us our "permit", this was over two weeks ago. So we assumed something would be mailed to us. We've tried to contact our agent a few times, but she's not getting back to us.

Are we waiting for a nonexistent "permit" or are we all set and the Brewer's Notice is all we need? I would post this on ProBrewer.com, but after 4 days, my new user name still hasn't been approved for posting yet.

Thanks,
Frank

I know there are a few pro brewers here, so I thought I'd ask.

We're starting a brewery and we used the TTB's new Permits Online system to complete our application. We had our phone interview and received verbal approval from our TTB agent. The online system shows everything approved and we can see and download our Bond Form, Brewer's Notice and Approval Letter online.

The agent seemed to imply that they would be approving and sending us our "permit", this was over two weeks ago. So we assumed something would be mailed to us. We've tried to contact our agent a few times, but she's not getting back to us.

Are we waiting for a nonexistent "permit" or are we all set and the Brewer's Notice is all we need? I would post this on ProBrewer.com, but after 4 days, my new user name still hasn't been approved for posting yet.

Thanks,
Frank

I dont have an answer for you, but I am in the same boat as far as Probrewer username is concerned. I am in the planning stages of going pro, so I'd be interested in this thread as well.

I dont have an answer for you, but I am in the same boat as far as Probrewer username is concerned. I am in the planning stages of going pro, so I'd be interested in this thread as well.

Yeah, I don't know what the deal is over at ProBrewer.

The new online application system, while it has a few quirks, worked out very well for us. It's a lot of information to gather and upload, but it is definitely manageable. It took only 30 days from the time we actually submitted the application to getting everything approved and getting issued the Brewer's Notice.

Back