Dry Hop Combos? Citra or Amarillo to pair with Simcoe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgrabstein

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I brewed up an IPA last week and I'm getting ready to rack and dry hop it. However, I can't decide which hops to use! Please lend me your wisdom! (and by wisdom I mean opinion of course). :mug:

I have an oz of simcoe to dry hop and need another oz to pair it with. Citra or amarillo? Opinions of how each pairs and how it fits with what I have so far? I'm looking for floral fruity hoppy

Here's my hop bill thus far:

1 oz summit (60 min)
1 oz centennial (15 min)
1 oz cascade (15 min)
1 oz centennial (5 min)
1 oz simcoe (5 min)

dry hop:
1 oz simcoe
1 oz citra/amarillo: WHICH ONE?

DO BOTH. I just did a beer w/ simcoe, amarillo and citra in dry hop and it came out amazing. Just a thought...

What like an oz each of all 3? I've never thrown 3 oz dry hop into 5 gallons of beer before...don't think it'll be too much? The gravity was like 1.071 when I put it in primary

That's exactly what I did: An ounce each. The aroma was out of this world. I literally sat there smelling the first pour until it got lukewarm. I'm crazy though lol.

Alright hell I'll give it a try, makes deciding which one to put in a lot easier. And I am a hop head so too hoppy is not a problem...

Keep us posted after your initial tasting. You might be hooked on the c/a/s dry hop combo like I am. Now if only I had any of those hops left... damn IPAs all the time.

dgrabstein said:
What like an oz each of all 3? I've never thrown 3 oz dry hop into 5 gallons of beer before...don't think it'll be too much? The gravity was like 1.071 when I put it in primary

Is too much dry hop possible? I vote no.

Latest posts

Back