Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikkimac1027

Reaction score
SO, i did a search and the last video game topic was in Nov. and I have to ask, since i havnt been here long... Is there anyone out there now that is into the gaming systems as i am?
Comeon, PS3 has been out for a while, and Xbox 360 has been out even longer, and now the Wii is available and affordable... whos got what?

I've got the Xbox 360
and
the Wii...

Gears of War is killer on 360 and Zelda is good on the Wii. I'm not the only one!

Doom 3, ROE, Quake 3, 4 , enemy territory when it comes out. Unreal tourney 2004, 2007. On a Lean and mean Dual Processor Linux machine.

Nuff said... That's my rig when I am not working on it. When I want to crank up a game or two. I have no need for a console system

I use to be REALLY into video games many many years ago but really stopped playing almost all of them after the SNES.

I still find the odd PC game i mess around with.

This was one of my all time favs. (Dragon Warrior 1986)
dragon-warrior.alt3.png

So computer games is all it is Savage? i have a crap laptop, that i doubt could support games very well.........

Lord Sterrock Hammerson 8 said:
I use to be REALLY into video games many many years ago but really stopped playing almost all of them after the SNES.

I still find the odd PC game i mess around with.

oh but SNES games are awesome too, dont get me started, i still play those all the time as well. SMB 3, Castlevania, EVO, Donkey Kong, Act Raiser... they're classics...

nikkimac1027 said:
oh but SNES games are awesome too, dont get me started, i still play those all the time as well. SMB 3, Castlevania, EVO, Donkey Kong, Act Raiser... they're classics...
True SNES had a few games i got into for that system i would say Aerobiz was/is my favorite for the SNES.
Aerobiz_box.jpg

Edit: Oh yeah i almost forgot about Sim City for the SNES really what got me started on that series.

ha, never played it! anything like topgun? now that was fun, but hard as hell to land on the aircraft carrier!

Hehehe i recall playing topgun on one of those arcade things lol good times back in the day.
Another one i got into for the plan old NES was Blue Marlin really nice fishing game for the time.

sorry again, no never played it, but what about that Jurassic park type one- two dinosaurs fighting against each other... kinda like mortal combat...primal rage i think?

My newest system is PS3, I love this thing, games are great but the thing that puts me over is the bluray player. HD movie kicks ass. But Resistance the fall of man is the best shooter I have seen.

yes, i played the resistance, and i seriously thought about buying the PS3 system...it is that good.

I was looking in the flyers few days ago remember viewing a ps2 brand new dont recall if it came with any extras for $120 CAN.

Thats one hell of a deal if you are just starting to get into playing video games at least IMO.

dibby33 said:
Mario Carts on the N64. Very good fun after beers and *cough* 'cigs' *cough* :D

LMAO it's really fun til the contacts dry out. :D Mario on my old NES is still fun from time to time. But for a reason all its' own. ;)

Ize

The thing that pissed me off on the mario kart for the N64 was that jumping turn speed burst thingy i guess if you played it you know what im talking about.

Mario Kart for the SNES was good times.
super_nes-super_mario_kart.jpg

I just bought the 360 yesterday. I picked up Gears of War and Need 4 Speed Carbon. Both very addictive.:rockin: I played G.O.W until almost 4am last night. Hopefully the new toys will make the 5 weeks (secondary and bottles) until my brew is done go by quicker.

I'm still on PS2. I just replayed Mercenaries, lots of blowin' stuff up!

I'll probably never buy another game system (last one was the original Nintendo). Now, all the games I play can be played on the computer. Just doesn't make it worth it, IMO, to pay for a console and the expensive games, when I can use my computer to play, and for I-net and other applications. Even sports games I use the computer for, just hook up USB controller...

One of my favorites for NES was Super Pitfall. okay, also Zelda, Exodus Ultima, Tecmo Bowl, etc.

I have a regular X-box and have probably owned almost every major system since Atari. Before that, I had a both a pong and a breakout counsel. In all honesty, I don't have time to play anymore. I also have two young kids and would be uncomfortable playing anything really violent around them.

Basically, I'm down to playing baseball or football with a couple buddies when they come over. I don't think I'd buy one of the new systems until they come WAY down in price, and if I do, it will be the 360.

Also, I think Nintendo sucks. That Wii is a joke of a system. I can't believe they're able to sell those things with those pitiful graphics. ....and honestly, how many Mario games can you make?

I had an Atari Jaguar. That system was sweet, for about 15 minutes. The Alien vs. Predator game was fun but that was about it.

Well, if you think about it Nintendo was very smart about the Wii... With a 700$ PS3 coming out and a 500$ Xbox 360, there was no way they could have come out with a console with that price and competed with those two gaming systems. Nintendo hasnt put out a good console since SNES imo. so they tried something different.... the remote and the nunchuck. So now, just in time for Christmas, this console comes out and it's only a whopping 250$. So they cheaped out on graphics to try and get back int he market, and well, they succeeded. Now they they are back in the game, i'll bet ya the Wii2 will have the graphics it is lacking...

Another thing about the Wii is that you can get any original nintendo, SNES, and game cube games and play it on the Wii via downloading from the web from Wii points. Just have to get the reg style controller.

I got a Xbox360 for x-mas from SWMBO and I cant put it down. I have always been a geek when it comes to computers and video games. I havent been around long, but when I was growing up the nintendo was about the only thing out. I have owned almost every major system since, SNES, PS1, Dreamcast, Xbox, now a 360. I still have my NES and SNES sitting around somewhere. I wish I would have kept my other systems. Never really got into the PS2 with having a Xbox and all. I even had that thing modded with a 200gig HD in it! Once I got my 50" HDTV I needed something to show off the graphics. I really wanted a wii, I think Nintendo is at the front of the game tech wise, but they dont have the graphics. I have played the wii a few times and was blown away...but it doesnt look as good as the 360 on my TV.

All you 360 owners out there: Rainbow 6: Vegas is phenominal! Gears of War rocks...and there's hours and hours of fun in Saint's Row.

Lord Sterrock Hammerson 8 said:
The thing that pissed me off on the mario kart for the N64 was that jumping turn speed burst thingy i guess if you played it you know what im talking about.

Mario Kart for the SNES was good times.
super_nes-super_mario_kart.jpg

Dude, that slide thing always pi$$ed me off cuz my friends could do it and wouldn't tell me how! Then I fingered it out and was unstoppable! :ban:

Man, I could go on all day about videogames... :fro:

I'm on the original XBox right now. I won't buy the 360 until the price drops. I've been geeking out on GTA: San Andreas since Christmas. I don't have alot of spare cash to sink into consoles, so I buy games once they get to $20 and systems when they get cheap. Nice thing is that by the time a game get's to $20 it's been proven to be a good game.

I hear the Wii get's old pretty quick, but I appreciate that they have done something that cheaply gets people more involved in the game. It might not be a lousy system, but I bet we look back in 5-7 years and say that it was revolutionary.

nikkimac1027 said:
So computer games is all it is Savage? i have a crap laptop, that i doubt could support games very well.........

No i do a lot more with my machine . when I do have time to play video games then that is what I will play on my workstation, when I have time. Those are really the only games I like to play

I do a lot more with my computer such as programming, web page stuff, GUI Design, etc.

Apart from that and work and being married does not leave me too much time to kill demons and monsters :mug:

SOB said:
All you 360 owners out there: Rainbow 6: Vegas is phenominal! Gears of War rocks...and there's hours and hours of fun in Saint's Row.

... :fro:

about to play that right now, i hate it though. Gears of War is better.... Lost planet is good too, but crappy plot... goingto a planet and killing the native aliens so we can survive..... :confused:

nikkimac1027 said:
SO, i did a search and the last video game topic was in Nov. and I have to ask, since i havnt been here long... Is there anyone out there now that is into the gaming systems as i am?
Comeon, PS3 has been out for a while, and Xbox 360 has been out even longer, and now the Wii is available and affordable... whos got what?

I've got the Xbox 360
and
the Wii...

Gears of War is killer on 360 and Zelda is good on the Wii. I'm not the only one!

Exactly what I have. I have Madden '07, Gears of War, and Oblivion for my 360. I have Zelda, Wii Sports, and Rayman: Raving Rabbids for my Wii. I love them both.

I also like FPS shooter games on the PC. I have a 24" iMac now, but I can use Boot Camp to dual boot into OS X or Windows and play any games I like.

nikkimac1027 said:
about to play that right now, i hate it though. Gears of War is better.... Lost planet is good too, but crappy plot... goingto a planet and killing the native aliens so we can survive..... :confused:

really...I'm curious as to why you hate Vegas.

I think Lost Planet is going to be my next buy (almost done with Vegas) and I did hear the plot/story line sux but the game play is pretty exciting.

i agree that its a good game, but not for my style of game play. i simply cant do a sucide mission, spraying and praying with brute force. that's a recipe for getting killed every time. plus, i dislike the unlimited ammo factor. They try so hard to make it realistic on the fact that it takes a few shots and your dead, and then they make unlimited ammo?

Though i will tell you one things i like about the game- the rappelling and fast roping, flash bang granades, and smoke granades- thats a good twist that alot of games i play dont offer.

nikkimac1027 said:
i agree that its a good game, but not for my style of game play. i simply cant do a sucide mission, spraying and praying with brute force. that's a recipe for getting killed every time. plus, i dislike the unlimited ammo factor. They try so hard to make it realistic on the fact that it takes a few shots and your dead, and then they make unlimited ammo?

Though i will tell you one things i like about the game- the rappelling and fast roping, flash bang granades, and smoke granades- thats a good twist that alot of games i play dont offer.

You like more the arcade stlye shooters, eh? Hence the reason you like Lost Planet probably!

I like Vegas cuz it's so realistic. You dont actually have unlimited ammo...you seem to carry enough to where you never run out. It's not a game where you can just spray away so you don't really run out. There was one board where I ran out of ammo on my SMG and had to finish with my light machine gun.

But you know, differnt strokes for different folks!

Back