What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Qhrumphf said:
Like I said, up at 5am still drunk. By the time I had to go to work, sober but not feeling too happy. But feeling good enough now to do it all over again....j/k:fro:

Thinking I'll have a couple beers tonight, but staying away from the liquor. Hah.

Gotcha. Yep, I seldom break out the liquor these days. Last time I had a raging hangover was from drinking shots of Patron with my BIL (I still don't remember how I ended up sleeping in the bath tub). A beer sounds good though...
Right now, I'm having a sample of the apple juice that we made last night. I have a Bridgeport IPA on deck for later though.

image-3586470550.jpg

Moose Drool from a trade with LoloMT7. This is a great little brown.

allenH said:
Moose Drool from a trade with LoloMT7. This is a great little brown.

The clone kit from NB is spot on. All season drinker. As good aged as it is fresh.

HB Saison. A split 10 gallon batch, this half was dry hopped with a little citra, got a second Brett strain isolated from cantillon, and some lacto. Either the brett is throwing serious acetic I'm mistaking for lactic or the lacto doesn't work over 25 ibu thing is b.s. Down to a case after this bottle. Hopefully the corks will keep me out of them a while.

image-3603623867.jpg

My last two bottles of this years Fade to Black from Left Hand Brewing. Rocky Mountain Black Ale. Mostly roasty stout with a little dark ale finish on the back. Meh...the 2011 hot pepper porter was def better. At least I had 4 shots of vodka left to wash it down with...:tank:

Blue Moon. It was in the fridge with a KBS clone. With the sun on my deck it's about 80 soy the BM won. Put my blue moon clone in the kegerator today. The klosch and pecan mild will be ready Sunday or Monday. Got to get to brewing to get the pipeline going

Another IPA while cooking dinner (meatloaf, fried zucchini, cucumber salad, German potato salad). Yeah, admit it, you're jealous...

Batch 19... Wife got bamboozled just like some others into thinking its a craft brew and she bought it for me. Tastes like a more bitter yuengling. Meh. It could be more like able if it had some mouthfeel...

Batch 19... Wife got bamboozled just like some others into thinking its a craft brew and she bought it for me. Tastes like a more bitter yuengling. Meh. It could be more like able if it had some mouthfeel...

Not the best ever, but it's not bad. Probably one of the better bmc selections if that is all you have to pick from

For those who didn't see the news, when this comes out next year it will have a new (yet to be determined) name. You can read the details New Albion Ale, on of the beers that started the whole craft beer world. Brewed by Sam Adams as this brewery is no longer around. Nota bad beer!
"]here.

For those that have an extra bottle - maybe it will be a collectors item? ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah cause the word Alchemy really infringed on Widmer...Pretty sure this could never be mistaken for thier mediocre beer

More saison, with the first box I'm shipping for the Craft Beer Maw Thread. It's helping sick children's dreams come true. Or at least somewhat demented immature adults.
Hey! I resemble that! :mug:

Another IPA while cooking dinner (meatloaf, fried zucchini, cucumber salad, German potato salad). Yeah, admit it, you're jealous...
. Nah - I had grilled chicken with homemade BBQsauce, so I'm quite happy ;)

Yeah cause the word Alchemy really infringed on Widmer...Pretty sure this could never be mistaken for thier mediocre beer

Agreed. I don't see the conflict between alchemy and alchemy hour at all - but that's probably why I'm not a lawyer. I think GLB is bending over backwards being nice here - definitely improves my opinion of them even more.

Agreed. I don't see the conflict between alchemy and alchemy hour at all - but that's probably why I'm not a lawyer. I think GLB is bending over backwards being nice here - definitely improves my opinion of them even more.

But The Alchemist is okay? I guess I don't understand why they can own the word alchemy.

mcbaumannerb said:
Hey! I resemble that! :mug:

. Nah - I had grilled chicken with homemade BBQsauce, so I'm quite happy ;)

Ok, you got me. You brought out the big guns when you mentioned BBQ. Now I have to smoke a beef brisket to catch up:)
I'm having a HB'ed cream ale while working on the lawnmower...

xMalachi said:
All of this Alchemy talk.. I couldn't resist. Anyone have a good recipe for some kind of Asian soup? I'm already planning to make spring rolls but want a nice soup to accompany it.

I made a super easy (and probably chemical laden) sour curry a few days ago. Sour curry paste in veggie broth - I used powdered stuff from international market, lots of fish sauce, tofu, and bok-choy with rice noodles.

Back