EBS - Solution.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Last Night I had an Emergency Beer Situation

I drink almost exlusivley Hand pumped real ale. There is no reason not to.

Every once in a while I am forced for socio-domestic reasons to frequent places that do not do my kinda beer.:eek:

Last night was one of those. SWMBO fancied a night out with entertainment. Luckily my nearest establishment (not my local due to the beer served) is a working mans club and they had one of my favorite local bands playing.

No problem with the beer, If I have to I can drink Newcastle Bown Ale in bottles. Horror - they didn't have any. The stuff from the taps tastes like water to me and it's a waste of time drinking it. FFS - I have lovaly HB on tab 200 yds away!

The solution. BROWN MIXED. You can tell you are in a northern pub that knows there stuff if they can serve a brown mixed. This place didn't I had to tell them.

It's half a pint of dark mild topped with a bottle of Manns Brown ale.
A very low ABV drink with great taste and a head to beat guiness.

I give you - A pint of Brown Mixed .

It is a rare breed, not many people drink it now (Just the old blokes and barmaids). It used to be a staple of the working man in the Northern English Working Man's Pub.

9332_127934747669_549282669_2502429_7721160_n.jpg

That's cool Orfy. I've not heard of that. I'll have to keep that in mind next time I'm over... especially because I inevitably end up in Chester and Liverpool when I visit (family).

I'm glad there was a suitable outcome to your EBS!

Back