In search of simple IPA recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

axr

Reaction score
Hey homebrewers-

Looking for a straightforward IPA recipe for my third brew batch that is not partial mash, all-grain or from a kit. Ideally I'd love to find a Goose Island clone. I've come across some really awesome looking IPA recipes but am not ready for AG and do not have all the right equipment for partial mash, etc.. Does anyone out there have something they can share

Thanks

Thanks for this recipe link Clonefarmer. I'll probably be brewing it this week. A few questions for you, assuming you've brewed this recipe:

1. You steeped your grains until your water reached 175F then sparged, right?
2. Would you recommend liquid or dry for the extracts?
3. Were the aroma hops added at the last couple minutes of boil or for a longer period of time at flameout?
4. Is the 6 weeks in secondary fermentation absolutely necessary? (Seems like a real long time)

Sorry for all the questions. I'm still a noob and this will be my third batch and haven't followed a recipe where steeping grains was necessary, as of yet!

Back