Just Brew It is closing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FooFan

Reaction score
I am sorry to report that this is the last month Just Brew It in Jonesboro, GA will be open for business. The owner has decided to close the business. He has aggressive prices on the store's inventory. He's rather sell it to the home brewers than put it in storage. http://aardvarkbrewing.com/ This is the link to the stores website if you need the address for directions.

Above is correct except my info is that JBI is planning to reopen in a new location in September after the owner, Doug, gets much needed rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Man I was just in there last weekend and they were really busy. Doug has such knowledge of brewing, this stinks.

The latest is that the current location will close 3/26/14. Doug is hoping to sell the business for relocation in the Newnan area. Negotiations are ongoing so everybody keep your fingers crossed!!!

So someone could buy the Jonesboro local, stay open, then Doug relocate and open another store in Newnan? Or is Jonesboro location closed for good never to be a homebrewing supply again?

The Jonesboro/Fayetteville store is closing.
The hope/ plan is to sell the business & relocate in the Newnan area.

I can't say that there will never be another HBS in this space but not Doug.

Doug is going to close the current location at the end of this month. I picked up the 14gallon conical that he had on display last weekend.

Great deals to be had...

I was in there this past weekend talking with Doug, and he said that someone offered to buy the store & remaining inventory form him; if the funds came through the deal would be sealed. He said the potential owner would keep the location and inventory the same, and Doug also mentioned that he would stick with the new guy to "show him the ropes". The time frame I was given for the re-opening was "a few weeks" after the store closes tomorrow (3/26). I bought 9 recipes and some gear from him to get me through a few months of brewing until the new store opens.

I'll be sad to Doug go, as he has a wealth of knowledge and the know how to rig up anything you might need. He was a great guy to shoot the bull with and get to know, too. Heck, he's even fabricating a metal liner for the inside of the kegerator door that I'm refurbishing. I really hope whoever buys the store keeps the ingriedents and gear as stocked as Doud did.

Here's to Doug & Just Brew It!

I am wondering what kind if impact this will have on Doug opening a new shop later this year.
I can't imagine someone would put money into the current location knowing Doug very well may open a new shop a town or so over.

I haven't heard my fellow "local club member couple" complaining, so they must be doing O K.

The attached unit next door, his Wife uses for cheese making classes about once a month, and she usually has a pretty decent turnout for that as well.

FooFan.........Have ya' heard anything out of Doug, re: a new shop opening?

I have not...
Last I heard was Doug was going on a cross country motorcycle ride.

I hope Doug opens up something closer to his house maybe, which would be closer for me.

Haven't ventured, or brewed much lately for that matter, out to Just Brew It in a while now. Probably 4-5 months.

Their facebook looks like they just do cheese making now, so there's that for ya.

I hope Doug opens up something closer to his house maybe, which would be closer for me.

Haven't ventured, or brewed much lately for that matter, out to Just Brew It in a while now. Probably 4-5 months.

Their facebook looks like they just do cheese making now, so there's that for ya.

Nope, still my LHBS , the guy that runs / owns it now is named Ronnie, and he must be stayin' busy, 'cause I've heard nothing to the contrary, and he is in the same brew club I'm in.

He is hosting the "Teach a Friend to Brew Day", Nov. 1st., starting @ 10:00.

For the record, they were closed a week, week and a half, to take care of the sale, the inventory, etc......

The owner's Wife does the cheese making and classes, in the attached unit next door.

So, it appears that JBI is closed again as of this past July. Any other options on the south side for LHBS?

So, it appears that JBI is closed again as of this past July. Any other options on the south side for LHBS?

It has been closed since the third weekend in July!
And no there are no reliable options on the Southside.
I'm going to Hop City near the Westend 5 Seasons. At least you can get lunch & a good beer after you pick up your supplies.
They also give a 10% discount to AHA members on brewing supplies.

They also give a 10% discount to AHA members on brewing supplies.
Discounts to members of clubs and whatever really irks me... I stopped shopping at a Dogwood here in Marietta/Woodstock over a year ago after it got taken over by new management purely because I had to be a member of a club to get a 10% discount... YEAH RIGHT!

I spend plenty per year already and I'm not a member of a club/organization... they shot themselves in the foot when telling me discounts available only if you're a member of a club

I'm sure that my $800+ / year on ingredients is insignificant in the larger scale of things, hence not giving offering me best prices up front, good luck to Dogwood but they are definitely my last resort for brewing supplies

Discounts to members of clubs and whatever really irks me... I stopped shopping at a Dogwood here in Marietta/Woodstock over a year ago after it got taken over by new management purely because I had to be a member of a club to get a 10% discount... YEAH RIGHT!

I spend plenty per year already and I'm not a member of a club/organization... they shot themselves in the foot when telling me discounts available only if you're a member of a club

I'm sure that my $800+ / year on ingredients is insignificant in the larger scale of things, hence not giving offering me best prices up front, good luck to Dogwood but they are definitely my last resort for brewing supplies

So....you don't shop at Costco, Sam's, BJ's, etc., because you have to be a "member" to take advantage of the prices?
Seems like you're shooting yourself in the foot!

Back