South suomi finland brewers guild

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drumuglyknuckles

Reaction score
I know there is some folks from suomi on here. Anyone in the south? Send me a pm and lets make something happen- kippis!

Ya I was thinking Uusimaa, but I got a friend going out there this summer if you want to trade beers I can send them with him

Just out of interest, where do you buy your stuff?
I order from brewcat mostly and they've been good to me, but it's always nice to have other options

I'm in Helsinki! Brewcat Is good price wise but their website sucks and selection is kind of short. I buy in us via myus.com

Helsinki here as well. I buy most of my stuff at Panimonurkka.fi because I live right by their warehouse. Prices are good too.

fwiw, there is a large Belgian retailer that does international shipping. Finland being in the EU (free movement of goods) you won't have a customs surcharge. See https://www.brouwland.com/en.

Their pricing sucks and I get stuff from usa with same pricing including import taxes and custom duties. Many things are cheaper if you order maltmiller.co.uk or brewuk.co.uk Panimo nurkka looks decent and is finally the first one in the region. Cheers

When is say same pricing I mean I buy quality instead of less reliable/pro products. ;) also I do get stuff cheaper through consolidated shipment.

panimonurkka looks okay, if you live nearby, but they seem about same stock wise as brewcat and their website is even worse in layout....

as I live in savonlinna, I have to ship it in anyway, so generally I have a deal with brewcat that i mail them what i need and they send it when it all gets in stock..

No Moi fellow Finnish Homebrewers! I have to admit I haven't brewed a single batch in Finland yet but I brought all my stuff over with me from the USA when my wife Teija and I moved here in June. We live in Kaarina.

When I brewed my last batch I was just about to make the jump into BIAB brewing, I'm still not brewing full grain but extract with specialty grains.

So is the general consensus on suppliers still the same? I guess I'll have to check out Brewcat and Panimonurkka.

Hey Kippis!:mug:

So how long does it usually take for myus to get stuff over here?

I have changed to vyking ship, their service is much better and they can withdraw label pricing so you can at least cut on Shipping fees with regards to import duties. As well they are very good because they allow 6 months free storage and also their shipping fees is good. As an example I have accumulated 8 packages over the last 2 months which I'm consolidating, I would have paid around 250-300$ (+taxes on that amount) shipping while now it is estimated at around 100$ shipping. I have bought an immersion chiller 50 feet coil stainless steel 3/8" ID for 50 euros. Shipping is around 10 days on the economy shipping. Are you in Helsinki? I think companies like vyking ship are very good because you get products you cannot get in design and quality, sometimes price wise it is also very interesting. For example I'm considering buying hops and yeast straight from the source. In Finland there is little consideration about hops and yeast conservation. I was told in a Finnish shop in Myyrmanni that "customers usually prefer discounted products so that s why I'm selling expired yeast". Do you know a hop like cascade after 1 year under refrigerated conditions looses 30% AA and easily more than 80%of myrcene. In the same shop they sold hops from 2014 stored at room temperature and bought from humlegardeens in Stockholm. Better say that buying that stuff it's useless if want to create amazing beer. Buying from ych and Yakima Valley hops is one good tip also those are not taxed at same level because they are agricultural products and you can get 250 grams for 10 euros from 2016 harvest. And now that winter comes it starts to be a great period to ship these kind of products even from USA.

No Moi fellow Finnish Homebrewers! I have to admit I haven't brewed a single batch in Finland yet but I brought all my stuff over with me from the USA when my wife Teija and I moved here in June. We live in Kaarina.

When I brewed my last batch I was just about to make the jump into BIAB brewing, I'm still not brewing full grain but extract with specialty grains.

So is the general consensus on suppliers still the same? I guess I'll have to check out Brewcat and Panimonurkka.

Hey Kippis!:mug:

I see you are in Kaarina, that's great, we could meet up and maybe order stuff together maybe we could cut on pricing even more. I'm partly in turku because I live with my girlfriend over there. How close from radbrew are you?

you dudes are smart, i like that myus idea. i usually just make a huge order and have my folks bring it with them when they visit

Cheers, well I've been gone from HBT for a while but I've gotten together with a few folks in my new Kotimaa and I'm going to start brewing again over here. Going to need a new burner since my American burner wont work with the propane bottles over here. Gotta find out if the threads on my CO2 is different from what you guys have over here too but other than that it's just water, grain, hops and yeast!

Hei my friends,

I was in Turku over the summer and I came across Notkea NIPA at one of the pubs we stopped at and I really enjoyed it.

Has anyone had any success with creating a clone for this recipe and would you be willing to share? I would like to try to make something close to this if possible.

Kippis

Back