American Pale Ale Go Nuts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorwegianAle

Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
us-05
Yeast Starter
optional
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
Color
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
7 days, low end of scale
Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
14 days, low end of scale
Tasting Notes
awesome!
Hi. Just wanted to share a really amazing recipe that i luckily made. Got a lot of good comments from friends, family and colleagues.

4.35kg maris otter
0.3 kg flaked barley
0.25kg toasted malt - "John palmer style" - roasted for 15 minutes in oven @ 175C
0.3 kg demerara sugar (late boil addition).

24grams goldings /east kent 60 minutes boil
12 grams goldings /east kent 15 minutes boil
12 grams fuggles 15 minutes boil
1 piece of whirlfloc or similar 15 minutes boil.

Mashed @ 68 celcius for 90 minutes
mashout @ 76 celcius for 5 minutes

the last time I did this i had just bought a new kettle, and my calculations was a tad off (due to faulty specifications from the supplier). for this to be exactly as my previous batch, this has to be be calculated as a 59% efficiency. ingriedients should be adjusted accordingly.

this is a really good beer if you do the calculations. if you do not use a metric scale, it is no problem to calculate this in google.

i hope this will give a lot of joy to my fellow brewers. i am sorry if my english is off. i am from norway. please ask me if you have questions or if i forgot some vital information. looking forward to hear your reviews!!

:mug:

i forgot to say this - when i bottled the beer - i swear it was like drinking liquid nuts! really strange. this flavour mellows out - and it comes out really smoothe!!

Back