maple Syrup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went over the thread. Someone posted that it will ferment 65% of the syrup? I made cyder with molasses before maybe I should just go the same route as that? 3bls.

this stuff is over 10 bucks for a can and I got it for free.

decisions decisions.....

I am making an attempt at a maple stout tomorrow.

Charlie's book says 1 GALLON syrup per 5 gallons of beer. 1 FREAKIN GALLON!

I actually went to whole foods and bought 4 32 oz bottles of grade B Organic Maple Syrup made by Whole Foods for freakin $18.99 each! Beersmith says OG 1.137 and 14% when its all said and done!

I dont know what to do either. I was also thinking about half at the end of the boil, and then half in the secondary. I really want me some maple flavor, but am concerned since maple syrup is mostly sucrose, that it will mostly ferment out and the beer will be super dry either way...

I might just do it an put in a freaking gallon of maple syrup and see what happens.

As far as if you should use just 11 oz and treat it like honey, whenever i use a pound of honey, I never taste the actual honey in the beer. My thought would be that you need a sh*t ton of maple syrup to get the taste, but I am nervous about an entire gallon...

I am making an attempt at a maple stout tomorrow.

Charlie's book says 1 GALLON syrup per 5 gallons of beer. 1 FREAKIN GALLON!

I actually went to whole foods and bought 4 32 oz bottles of grade B Organic Maple Syrup made by Whole Foods for freakin $18.99 each! Beersmith says OG 1.137 and 14% when its all said and done!

I dont know what to do either. I was also thinking about half at the end of the boil, and then half in the secondary. I really want me some maple flavor, but am concerned since maple syrup is mostly sucrose, that it will mostly ferment out and the beer will be super dry either way...

I might just do it an put in a freaking gallon of maple syrup and see what happens.

As far as if you should use just 11 oz and treat it like honey, whenever i use a pound of honey, I never taste the actual honey in the beer. My thought would be that you need a sh*t ton of maple syrup to get the taste, but I am nervous about an entire gallon...
A gallon seems allot...I'm going to use at least three LB's

plus after i read your thread closer, you are making cider and i am making beer... i just got a little excited and didnt read it close enough. but per my scale a quart is about 3#s

when making the beer, i am gonna throw in the syrup. 12# or 1 gallon. I am just gonna sparge with a little less and throw in the gal of syrup 5min before end of boil...

good luck with your cider

Back