Saranac Vanilla Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought a sixer of the Saranac High Peaks Series Imperial IPA. 8.5% ABV, 80+ IBU. It's pretty good. Not near the best IPA, but pretty good. I felt obligated to buy it since I LIVE in the High Peaks.

I just bought a sixer of the Saranac High Peaks Series Imperial IPA. 8.5% ABV, 80+ IBU. It's pretty good. Not near the best IPA, but pretty good. I felt obligated to buy it since I LIVE in the High Peaks.

Had the imperial stout yet? Thinking of getting a pack of that when I'm back in school.

I really like their Belgian White... I used to Love Blue Moon and i felt that this was even better than Blue Moon is.

The vanilla stout was okay.. didnt love it and didnt hate it. Every has their own taste in beer and that is respectable.

not a big fan, being from the utica area originally i may get castrated for saying that but most of their beer doesnt do much for me. unless of course its free on saranac thursdays!

Saranac Black Forest, might be my most favorite beer of all time. Little hard for me to find their less popular and seasonals down here in Jersey, but i'm gonna have to go hunting now, because a Vanilla Stout is something i want to work on in my brewing adventures.

Thanks for the heads up.

found the saranac winter sampler the other day, and drank the 2 vanilla stouts last night. i have to say i liked this beer tremendously, but was hoping for more vanilla flavor or aroma. this might be more appropriately named a chocolate stout.

The running joke around Saranac Country is that their beers are all the same, they just have different food coloring added to them. Obviously kidding. I really like their beers. We refer to Saranac as "good" cheap beer. They have concerts at the brewery in the summer-outdoors of course. You can get brewery-fresh draughts for $2 a pop. Saw some amazing music as well!

The running joke around Saranac Country is that their beers are all the same, they just have different food coloring added to them. Obviously kidding. I really like their beers. We refer to Saranac as "good" cheap beer. They have concerts at the brewery in the summer-outdoors of course. You can get brewery-fresh draughts for $2 a pop. Saw some amazing music as well!

you can get them for free if you have a friend filling cups! most of them do taste the same to me, better than UC though, god i hate that stuff!

Back