Water Chestnuts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beltenebros

Reaction score
I've been looking at brewing a recipe using chestnuts. Problem is, can't find chestnuts here at all. I know the two companies in the USA that sell it, but they won't ship to me in Canada. Also, today I checked all the local grocery shops and bulk/natural food spots. No chestnuts.

But I did find water chestnuts in a can. I was unsure if it could be used in the same way as chestnuts, but a quick internet search led nowhere.

I did find this article and here is the wikipedia page on water chestnuts. Being a new brewer I am not sure what exactly I am looking for in the info.

I guess I'm asking if someone more knowledgeable has any info or can provide any info based on the links above.

Much thanks! :mug:

The only info I can lend is that water chestnuts and chestnuts do not taste the same.

Chestnuts grow in B.C. and the "crop" is a nuisance. I saw them laying on the ground, to be picked up and put in the trash. Do you have any buddies who live in the wild mountains in the west?

Chestnuts grow in B.C. and the "crop" is a nuisance. I saw them laying on the ground, to be picked up and put in the trash. Do you have any buddies who live in the wild mountains in the west?

Fam in Victoria ... perhaps I do actually, crazy mountaineering friend who I last talked to was in B.C. ...

Back