Can't drink same beer twice in a row

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChshreCat

Reaction score
I only drink one or two (sometimes three) beers a night and usually have several types in the fridge and I've found that I always drink different ones each time.

It's to the the point that if I only have two different beers in my fridge, I'll stop at two and not have a third one even though I might want one.

I just can't have an APA or stout or something twice in an evening. I don't even know why.

Anyone else run into this or am I just nuts?

I don't think your nuts. I'm pretty much the same way myself. I like variety although I can polish off a nice bomber of something good on my own which equates to more than one glass of the same thing.

I don't think your nuts. I'm pretty much the same way myself. I like variety although I can polish off a nice bomber of something good on my own which equates to more than one glass of the same thing.

Well, I do that, but a bomber counts as one beer in my book. :D

I ran into a similar problem, but it was due to a dry pipeline. I only had a big Saison bottled and ready at 8% ABV. I got to the point after getting through the first case where I just couldn't drink any more Saison. I then brewed three batches in a row to build my pipeline up. I learned my lesson not keeping beer in the fermenter.

I think it started with my homebrewing, actually. I don't want to drink up all of a certain style of my beer too quick, so I'd have one of my APA and one of my stout and then one microbrew so they'd last longer. Now, it doesn't matter if all I have is commercial stuff. I have to drink a different beer every time.

I think it started with my homebrewing, actually. I don't want to drink up all of a certain style of my beer too quick, so I'd have one of my APA and one of my stout and then one microbrew so they'd last longer. Now, it doesn't matter if all I have is commercial stuff. I have to drink a different beer every time.

Ditto... I don't like going through a certain type of my beers too quickly. So in a night I switch it up to keep the rotation even. Not too mention.... I like lighter beers with dinner or something, and before bed I curl up with a book, my kitty, and a nice rich stout!

P.S.... I think you're nuts in a good way! At least thats what the voices in my head are telling me :cross:

Back