hi from south central texas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonz82

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have decided to start home brewing because beer is my home town heritage. I don't currently have a home brewing kit yet because i wanted to get some advice of how best to start out from experienced home brewer's. I am probably going to buy a kit from austin home brew or northern brewer but wanted to know if it is best to start with extract brewing or jump into all grain. I have previously worked at my hometown brewery and my father has been working there for almost ten years so i have some knowledge of brewing any advice would be apperciated.
:mug:

Welcome to the forum Jason. If you have brewing experience and have done AG brewing then you might just as well go that route now. Based on your previous brewery work, you are going to probably be bored with extract. Chances are you'll be able to work out some grain discount deals and get yeast from the brewery anyhow, so again, if you have the experience go All Grain.

Back