Commercial Beer Yeast Harvest List

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping new belgium fat tire brown ale really is bottle conditioned or I just wasted a third of a bottle and some wort trying to make a starter from it

I'm hoping new belgium fat tire brown ale really is bottle conditioned or I just wasted a third of a bottle and some wort trying to make a starter from it

New Belgium does not bottle condition their beers anymore, but I've heard of people trying to bottle harvest. Not sure how it turned out, though.

I contacted Tucher and they said none of their yeast is harvestable. Here's the email they sent me

Thank you very much for your kind email. We are very happy to hear that you like our Tucher Helles Hefeweizen so much that you want to use our yeast. I am sorry but the yeast in our bottles is not viable anymore. Not many breweries have a bottle-fermentation these days and therefor the yeast cannot be cultivated anymore. The majority of the homebrewers here buy the yeast online (it’s dried and ready to use). We wish you good luck for your next homebrewing sessions!

Many greetings from Nürnberg!

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Ines Filipovic
Im Auftrag für die Exportabteilung/ Vertrieb International der Tucher Bräu

TUCHER TRADITIONSBRAUEREI
Tucherstraße 10
90763 Fürth
phone: +49 911/9776-102
fax: +49 911/9776-98102
www.tucher.de

Latest posts

Back