Williams Brewing Kits? any reviews?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko73

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am getting ready to brew a few ales for the Holidays. I came across Williams Brewing and was wondering if anyone has brewed using their kits before.

I have been generally unhappy with Brewers Best and True Brew so I was thinking of trying a mail order. . .

I am not really ready to my own reciped yet so I would like to stick with a kit.

Thanks for any advice.

Mark

The one downfall with the Williams kits is that they do not specify what ingredients are in the kit. I did their amarillo ale which came out pretty good, but none of the hops or malt are labeled. I guess they like to keep their recipes a secret.

I'm not a huge fan of Williams. As mentioned they don't tell you what is in the kit and they are a bit pricey. I'd recommend the kits from Austin Home Brew or Northern Brewer; I had great success with both when I was starting out and both have great customer service.

I can't imagine not getting the complete recipe with the kit. Austin Homebrew is a bit vague on their website, but they give you the full ingredient list with the instructions. I wish they wouldn't pre-mix the grain, but it is nice that they pre-bag it for you.

I can't imagine not getting the complete recipe with the kit. Austin Homebrew is a bit vague on their website, but they give you the full ingredient list with the instructions. I wish they wouldn't pre-mix the grain, but it is nice that they pre-bag it for you.

I believe you could specify

Thanks Guys!

I think I will give AHS a shot. They actually have a really good deal right now that if you order two of their classic series kits, you get free shipping.

I also started with Williams, but once I started making my own recipes I realized that not knowing a kit's recipe didn't teach me anything.

Tell Ya What Fellaz.....

Had nothing but good results with Williams.
First batch was an IPA with a 8.9% achl content.... I twisted it with a few extra ingredients '-)
Second batch was the best and that was the Belgian Triple......friggin 10.5% achl....kick butt beer....with some help from my own creativity.

Kits are simple and yes they are NOT labeled with ingredients but if you call Williams theyll tell ya whatz in em.
Also the fresh/pellet or whole Hop/Malt/Grain selection is excellent ...very fresh and quick shipping.
I give im and A+ for the customer serivce also.
However there forum sucks......needs more info....thats why Im here...but its a good place to start!

Next is the Mexican Lager batch which is suppose to kick some Latino A**'-)

Peace out brothas!!

BrewMaster Picazzo-

Makers of:
Paddy O'Gradys IPA
Padraigs Irish Ale
Leprechaun Staggerin Stout

Back