Hello from Boring MD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N3Bruce

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've been in lurker mode for a while, and decided to register yesterday. Got 2 batches under my belt, a Hefeweizen in bottles, and an IPA in the fermenter.
I have made wine every year since 2004, and made it on and off a few times prior to that, and have about 100 vines. Man does not live on wine alone, and with a good bit of equipment that can do double duty for Homebrewing, I decided to take the plunge about a month ago.

I happened to be in the neighborhood of Maryland Homebrew, where I get some of my winemaking equipment and supplies after taking a service call, and decided to stop by for a new hydrometer, and the good folks there were in the process of setting up for a Homebrew 101 class. With another service call unlikely, I decided to join in. The class was centered around making an actual batch of Cincinnati Pale Ale, and 4 hours later I left with the makings for a Hefeweizen, a beer I sampled in Gettysburg this summer. Turned out yummy, and now I am running short, so time to make some more.

I live pretty close to you, in finksburg. If you haven't looked us up yet there's a carroll county homebrew club called the Midnight Homebrewers League. Check out the website at http://www.midnighthomebrewers.org/ and if you're interested in joining send me a pm or email anyone on the contact page.

Back