SPORTS without CABLE?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
And going to the bar for every effing game is not an option!

Have Droid, macbook and Wii.

Willing to ROKU and Playon or whatever it takes, just don't want CABLE!!!!!!

Somebody show me the light!

vipbox.tv and firstrowsports.eu both put out free live streams of sporting events that I use sometimes to watch a game. Quality kind of sucks, but it's an option.

I get everything with a script called livesports pack with playon.. have you looked into it yet with mac?

It is do-able. Guess I need to jump in!

vipbox.tv and firstrowsports.eu both put out free live streams of sporting events that I use sometimes to watch a game. Quality kind of sucks, but it's an option.

Quality would be nice, but I don't give much of a damn generally.:mug:

I use firstrow because veetle has gone to crap. There used to be a guy who broadcast every 49ers game on veetle in HD. It was damn-good quality. now everything on veetle is just a spoof to get you to go to some site that claims to have sports broadcasts and usually is crap, ads, pron, etc.

Firstrow needs adblock or else you'll spend time closing pron ads and such, and the quality is crap. I wish there was a better way, honestly. I have to go to the bar almost every week to see my team play.

I'm right there with you, I'm tired of $100+ TV bills and the games cable plays with their fee's.

I don't think any 'cable-free' setup would be complete without pulling in your local OTA channels. This is the best site I've found for help getting free OTA HD and standard broadcasts onto your TV- http://www.tvfool.com/

I'd also recommend a Roku box. It beats any of the gaming consoles right now for bringing in thousands of internet based streams (like Playon) onto to the TV.

I'd also recommend a Roku box. It beats any of the gaming consoles right now for bringing in thousands of internet based streams (like Playon) onto to the TV.

I didn't know that was available through Roku. We use it for Hulu and Netflix and just have regular old, free TV.

Back