• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WhisperKool 1600 XLT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TuffToad

Reaction score
*** Item has been SOLD ***
For sale is a WhisperKool 1600 XLT wine or beer cellar temperature and humidity control unit for up to 300 cubic feet.

Images Low Resolution:
https://picasaweb.google.com/107168043441135170599/WhisperKoolLowRes?authkey=Gv1sRgCPa3mqzxleWP0gE

Images High Resolution:
https://picasaweb.google.com/107168043441135170599/WhisperKoolHighRes?authkey=Gv1sRgCOfUj4KotujCFg

Price has been reduced to $175.00 (retails for approx $1,359.00) Originally selling on craigslist/louisville was $300.00 I was negotiated down to $175.00 and the person was a no show. So I will offer it to these members for the same price.

I would prefer local pick up Louisville, Ky but will ship if buyer pays true shipping expense from 40214. Weight is approx 60 lbs. I paid $60.00 shipped Fed-Ex ground from Salt Lake City, UT to Louisville, KY.

Included:
• Cooling Unit; • PDT Jumper connector; • Brass condensation drain plug; • Manuals and Documentation (Digital downloaded); • Power Cord

We bought this unit to make a walk-in "Ale and Wine Fermentation Room" but our plans have now changed, so our loss is your gain. The unit works great, it does not have the PDT (Precision Digital Temperature Control) our design was to use a Fermtroller or Computer to control temps to +-.5 deg, but they can be purchased and are available on-line from a varity of sources.

Bottom is a little scratched (as identified in picture) from dry fit.

Key Features:
  • Economical wine cooling solution
  • Simple installation - stand alone or between wall studs
  • Maintains humidity between 50 -70%
  • Condensate evaporator
  • Can use liquid measuring thermostat or thermowell
  • Exhaust back or duct-able
Specifications:
  • Room Capacity / Cellar Size: upto 300 cu. ft.
  • Dimensions: 14.25"w x 15.75"h x 17"d
  • BTU: 1,600
  • AMPS (Starting) 28.32
  • AMPS (running) 4.5
  • Weight is approx 60 pounds

The XLT series is an economical self contained cooling solution, designed for cellar enthusiasts who are on a budget but want to expe*rience WhisperKOOL quality and performance. Designed for simple through-the-wall installation, the unit fits between standard wall studs and the rear flange eliminates the need for a support shelf. All XLT models include a condensate evaporator standard; this dissipates excess moisture that collects during normal operation. As with all WhipserKOOL systems, the XLT is equipped with a liquid measuring thermostat to accurately maintain wine temperature. The XLT has a 30°F temperature differential. In order to keep your cellar at 55°F, the area the units is exhausting into should not exceed 85°F. This makes interior installation ideal for XLT units.

For more information please contact me or look at http://whisperkool.com/xlt-series

Thank you for looking at this ad and I am happy to answer any questions you might have,

Contact via HBT PM or e-mail @ [email protected] or (502) 3-six-1-two-1-four-1

Keywords: Wine, Wine Cellar, Wine Closet, Wine Storage, Veno, Beer, Fermenter, Refrigeration, appliance, Wineenthusiast

20120604_121624.jpg

Interesting. I calculated a "ball-park" shipping rate through USPS and got around $50 for priority. As I'm not exactly sure on the dimensions it would take to box this thing up, would you mind doing an estimate to 32092 since you have the unit in your possession. If it's not too bad, I might spring for it... Thanks.

*** Sale Pending ***

Thank you for looking at this advertisement.

/s Chris Bellsmith
HBT Handle: TuffToad

Latest posts

Back