New to Mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jknapp12105

Reaction score
I tried some Mead and really enjoyed it. I am looking for a recipe for 5 gal ( the only equipment I have). I am looking for a Holiday mead recipe. What is the process in making it? Is it just like Beer when it comes to boiling it? I know it takes a lot longer to age, I am just not sure how to start it. Step by step

Thanks y'all!

Theres no need to boil at all if your water is safe to drink. Just mix it up well to disolve it and your good to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno.what you're alluding to, with the phrase "holiday mead"...........

A Christmas spiced one ? Something for Easter ? A light, sparkling mead, for a summer break ?

GF has linked gotmead for recipes, but they also have their "NewBee" guide (left hand yellow dialogue box), which is less comprehensive than Kens book, but more newbie friendly IMO.........

Insomniac said:
Theres no need to boil at all if your water is safe to drink. Just mix it up well to disolve it and your good to go.

He's right my first batch is fermenting great and has been for 2 weeks

Back